Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cuts - Who are you afraid to lose

47 posts in this topic

Posted

Mainly just Gettis and Hogan...those two are way too talented to give up on this early in their careers.

Posted

I do not think Gettis will be cut under any circumstance. Proved he could contribute when healthy as a rookie, and you can't just throw away that kind of speed and size. Maybe put on the PUP list though. He has missed a lot of time, and putting him on the PUP would allow them to keep an additional receiver in Gettis' place until at week 6.

Only way I think Hogan is cut is if they don't judge his upside or ability to get healthy above Josh Thomas. They usually keep 5 CB and Gamble, Norman, Munnerlyn, and Butler are locks. Only surprise may be if they keep RJ Stanford for ST. Still think they keep Hogan even if he is inactive early on.

Posted

Don't be surprised if we cut (or better, trade) CB Darius Butler. He's out 4th corner right now and Josh Thomas and RJ Stanford have played just as well as he has.

Posted

Medlock. I don't like having a choke artist on our team. He can't be any worse than Mare.

Posted

Medlock probably

Posted

Tauren Poole

Posted

Any DT that is servicable.I believe in the Jimmy Johnson Theory on DT'S. Keep plenty, keep em young,keep em fresh (rotate). Gotta have those fatties moving. A3rd string fresh DT in the 4th sometimes better than your 1st guy playing 3 quarters.

Posted

I really hope that Tauren Poole and Medlock make the team. I know Gettis will make the team. The only one I am worried about being a surprise cut is Brandon Hogan. I really want to see what he can do when healthy.

I think Darius Butler will be cut.

Posted

Any DT that is servicable.I believe in the Jimmy Johnson Theory on DT'S. Keep plenty, keep em young,keep em fresh (rotate). Gotta have those fatties moving. A3rd string fresh DT in the 4th sometimes better than your 1st guy playing 3 quarters.

I've got to believe we will look to add a 3 tech after final cuts are in. We are really thin while Neblett is out.

Posted

Nobody

Posted

I hope we can Stash the Green kid on practice squad. I feel like he's not getting preseason reps to hide him from other teams.

Posted

I hope we can Stash the Green kid on practice squad. I feel like he's not getting preseason reps to hide him from other teams.

What is the deal with the love for this guy? He did nothing in college. he has done nothing in camp/preseason. We don't need guys on the roster just because their daddies were good football players.