Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Revis: Jets Defense Going To Focus On Cam

57 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/nothing-but-jets-1.1279166/revis-prepares-for-cam-newton-backtracks-from-tuesday-comments-1.3925565?426856

Darrelle Revis is fully aware he and the Jets defense are going to have their hands full trying to clamp down on the Panther's mult-faceted attack Sunday at Met Life Stadium, but believes the "ready for the season defense" can handle it - especially since they've had practice with their own running quarterback.

"Yeah, they have an explosive offense," he said after practice Friday. "It starts with Cam Newton. He can pass the ball, he can run, he can do a lot of things with it."

Though the Jets are unlikely to see Carolina wide receiver Steve Smith (toe), Revis said the defense was "really excited for the test...

"It's a good test, because we had practice latching onto the receiver when Tim runs the ball [in practice] because it could be an extended play," he said. "We had a great practice and we feel good...This will be a big test for our defense."

He added that they've been "treating this whole week as a regular season week and we've been doing some things that focus in on Cam."

Posted · Report post

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/nothing-but-jets-1.1279166/revis-prepares-for-cam-newton-backtracks-from-tuesday-comments-1.3925565?426856

Oh yeah Revis, comparing The Golden Calf of Bristol to to Cam. Works out great, sir.

Posted · Report post

I like Revis but this is kind of douchey of the Jets. Why are you gameplanning/specifically scheming for a team/player in the preseason?

Posted · Report post

Yeah they say The Golden Calf of Bristol has been acting as Cam on their scout team, against the first team defense.

Good luck with that!

Damn I wish Smitty was playing.

Posted · Report post

Yes, focus on Cam...forget all about Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert.

Excellent

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I like Revis but this is kind of douchey of the Jets. Why are you gameplanning/specifically scheming for a team/player in the preseason?

Rivera said he was going to gameplan like it was the regular season

Posted · Report post

Excellent

Well, half of them often will be on the sideline.....

Posted · Report post

Rivera said he was going to gameplan like it was the regular season

All teams do, it's the dress rehearsal.

They usually game plan for ps week 3, except for the Eagles, I believed they used ps game 2 as their dress rehearsal.

Posted · Report post

Excellent

sec3b1or-burns.gif

Posted · Report post

coaches need practice too. although we wont show our hands, we will plan against the jets too.

Posted · Report post

Could you imagine j stew or tolbert running toward Revis? He would run scared like a bitch.

Posted · Report post

theunstoppablecamtram.gif
2 people like this