#91 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

I wonder how Russell Wilson is doing in the NFL. Good to see local QBs make it on the big stage.

Don't forget about Tyler Thigpen. Too bad the Bills cut Vince Young instead of Thigpen because I would have loved to have Thig as the 3rd QB.

#92 VIP

VIP

S-Jax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:03 PM

You ONLY post in threads about AE! My join date may have been 2011 , but Ive been a PANTHER fan since i was 15 years old (1995) and have read this forum for many years up til then. And FYI I post in many threads not just one, about one player.

And calling you a blind dick rider isn't a personal attack. Its a fact!

What else is there to discuss? Does anyone actually care about the riveting Haruki Nakamura vs Sherrod Martin safety battle or Jeff Otahs BMI? Armanti is the most interesting discussion on this forum over the last 2 years, that much is obvious. Just check his threads lol

#93 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:04 PM

I understand about being annoyed by the blind loyalty shown AE. I also find the blind hatred towards him to be just as annoying. The dude is on our team, we should want him to succeed, that would mean that the Panthers are succeeding.[ I've never understood why people root against players on their team.

Uh, I guess you haven't been watching but the Panthers are doing fine without Edwards. They'll be doing better once he isn't killing a roster spot.

#94 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I understand about being annoyed by the blind loyalty shown AE. I also find the blind hatred towards him to be just as annoying. The dude is on our team, we should want him to succeed, that would mean that the Panthers are succeeding. I've never understood why people root against players on their team.

As I stated in that post, I don't hate AE. In fact I rooted whole heartedly for him his first two years and told everyone to give him time. Well times up. He's not an NFL WR and never will be. People need a dose of reality and move on.

#95 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Don't forget about Tyler Thigpen. Too bad the Bills cut Vince Young instead of Thigpen because I would have loved to have Thig as the 3rd QB.

T.J. Yates is another local product producing

#96 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,613 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

What else is there to discuss? Does anyone actually care about the riveting Haruki Nakamura vs Sherrod Martin safety battle or Jeff Otahs BMI? Armanti is the most interesting discussion on this forum over the last 2 years, that much is obvious. Just check his threads lol

They are popular, but that's because they fill up with blind homers, who swear that armanti is the man and will turn into something special. Then you got people that hate on him and people who are realists. Combine it all together, you get endless discussion.

#97 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,482 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:14 PM

I would not mind Young being our 3rd QB. Yea he sucks but not like pickles does.

#98 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

i agree he is done at WR but Jimmy clausen is more urgent imo....I'd rather edwards be 3rd QB or practice squad. Jimmy is scared to throw deep. screen passes and all that eating dirt is useless...more useless than edwards. at least when edwards throws, there is slight excitement. with jimmy, it seems like david carr 2.0. smh

#99 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

But, Tyler Thigpen went to a "fake football school."

I too like Thigpen and would prefer him over Clausen.

#100 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:19 PM

I would not mind Young being our 3rd QB. Yea he sucks but not like pickles does.

we don't need any crazy people on this team.

#101 jdpanther5

jdpanther5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • LocationBurlington

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

I don't really have an opinion on the Armanti issue, I want the best players on the squad regardless. However, I have a few thoughts as to why I think he makes the team.

1) The numbers game. As I recall Hurney has said we will likely keep 6-7 receivers on the roster, we recently cut down to 9. Smith, LaFell, Murphy, Pilares, and Adams are all in, so that leaves 1 - Maybe 2 - spots. Though I'm pleased that my favorite undrafted receivers (Bryant and Green) have made it this far, neither have shown anything (yet) to make me think they're any more than practice squad additions. So if we do keep 7 guys, I have to think that both Tutu and Edwards are the two, while Bryant and Green hit the practice squad. And with as bad as Tutu has been, Armanti could possibly make it if they only keep 6.

2) KR/PR. Are we really arguing over the 6th (or 7th) receiver on the depth chart? If we get that far down the depth chart, either we're in a blowout or someone has been injured. Even if one of the guys get injured, how many snaps is the 5th WR gonna see? That said, if one of the top 5 receivers do get injured, there's a 40% chance (Pilares or Adams) that it was either our kick or punt returner. In that case Edwards' value wouldn't be as much as a replacement receiver, but as a second-string KR/PR.

3) QB. OH NOES HOW DARE HE INSINUATE HE TAKE SNAPS FROM CAM #APPSTATEHOMERHUDDLELOGICHASHTAGCAM! Well, believe it or not, Cam was actually targeted as a receiver last year (!) in the regular season (!!!). In these situations, either Edwards or Naanee served as a "trick-play" QB. And now, with Legatron in Miami, who takes on this role if we dump Armanti? Having Anderson or Clausen (who will be inactive anyway) out there won't exactly fool opposing defenses.

If Edwards makes the team, it probably won't be because we see him as a 6th receiver, but as a QB/WR/KR/PR utility man (or emergency depth). That said, this could all be moot if we add another receiver after cuts, but for now this is how I see the situation.

#102 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,034 posts
  • Location704

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:21 PM

But, Tyler Thigpen went to a "fake football school."

I too like Thigpen and would prefer him over Clausen.

Interesting point.

How many successful NFL players does Coastal have in the league right now compared to App State?

Hint: Two of them start for your Carolina Panthers.

#ouch

#103 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Uh, I guess you haven't been watching but the Panthers are doing fine without Edwards. They'll be doing better once he isn't killing a roster spot.

I didn't say or imply that the Panthers aren't doing well without AE. But, if he was being successful, that would in turn make the receiving core better. That's quite clear.

#104 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Interesting point.

How many successful NFL players does Coastal have in the league right now compared to App State?

Hint: Two of them start for your Carolina Panthers.

#ouch

I didn't say anything about App State, that's your school man...you can't quit bringing it up.

#105 MuchAdoAboutNewton

MuchAdoAboutNewton

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorth Cakalack

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:25 PM

As I stated in that post, I don't hate AE. In fact I rooted whole heartedly for him his first two years and told everyone to give him time. Well times up. He's not an NFL WR and never will be. People need a dose of reality and move on.

I didn't say you hated AE, it was a general statement. I agree with you that it is probably best for AE and the Panthers to part ways, and I imagine it will happen Friday. I wish him the best and hope he lands on his feet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.