36 replies to this topic

#1 smash_n_dash

smash_n_dash

Double Trouble

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

So I had NFL total access on in the background and caught the end of their conversation about our team. Basically, we dont have enough weapons on our team to go far this season with just Cam and Smith. I looked for video on NFL.com but nothing yet.

#2 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:02 PM

So I had NFL total access on in the background and caught the end of their conversation about our team. Basically, we dont have enough weapons on our team to go far this season with just Cam and Smith. I looked for video on NFL.com but nothing yet.

Thanks for sharing but fug those motherfugers.

#3 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:12 PM

"The Giants dont have enough weapons outside of Eli Manning and Hakeem Nicks to do anything this season" -said no one ever.

Yet same logic applies to us.

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:09 AM

That's because you can't spell Eli without elite!

#5 Nine_Lives

Nine_Lives

The Notorious GrG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • LocationNever neverland

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

I heard it. One of the guys said - "well, they have runningbacks."

#6 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:13 AM

It was a debate piece between Steve Wyche and some other dude. Wyche said we don't have enough, in comparison to Atlanta having Roddy/Julio and Saints* Graham/Colston. The other guy said Cam and Smitty's greatness makes up for the fact that we don't have a proven #2 WR.

#7 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:18 AM

0 weapons, our defense is gonna be just as bad as last year even though we have Beason, Davis, and Edwards back. Panthers will only win 6 games again. Bob Griffin and the Skins will have a better season then us. All this is common sense, come on guys we all know this.

#8 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:31 AM

Cam, Smith, LaFell, Murphy, Gettis, Olsen, Barnidge, Williams, Stewart, and Tolbert.

Yeah, we don't have enough weapons.

#9 CAVSS

CAVSS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

In all fairness they don't know who LaFell, Murphy, Gettis, or Barnidge are. Olsen hasn't produced the numbers he is capable of yet. But not accounting for our running game, when discussing our "weapons", is just stupid

#10 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,419 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

In all fairness they don't know who LaFell, Murphy, Gettis, or Barnidge are. Olsen hasn't produced the numbers he is capable of yet. But not accounting for our running game, when discussing our "weapons", is just stupid

I've heard other analysts bring up Olsen and Lafell many times. Some talk out of their ass without doing any type of research. Something tells me they would have brought up Olsen if he was still on the bears when discussing their team.

Double-standard.

#11 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

Well if we really don't have enough weapons, I'll be happy to settle for another good draft pick and get a dangerous receiver.

#12 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,162 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:12 AM

I've heard other analysts bring up Olsen and Lafell many times. Some talk out of their ass without doing any type of research. Something tells me they would have brought up Olsen if he was still on the bears when discussing their team.

Double-standard.

The beauty of it is that talk doesn't matter and luckily they play these games to find out who truly is a weapon or not.

Ps. Olsen was not considered much in Chicago either.

#13 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,823 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:43 AM

Typical ESPN Garbage.

We added weapons on offense from last year.....when we were one of the Top 5 offenses in the league.

You can debate how our defense will be. But to say we don't have enough offensive weapons is laugable at best.

#14 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:26 AM

"The Giants dont have enough weapons outside of Eli Manning and Hakeem Nicks to do anything this season" -said no one ever.

Yet same logic applies to us.

Giants had 2 1100 yard recievers last year and they scored.

#15 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,959 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Typical ESPN Garbage.

We added weapons on offense from last year.....when we were one of the Top 5 offenses in the league.

You can debate how our defense will be. But to say we don't have enough offensive weapons is laugable at best.

We didn't really add much in terms if weapons. We added Tolbert but our backfield was already set. A substitute and a slightly stronger in certain aspects.

We didn't fill a void with a weapon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com