38 replies to this topic

#16 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 31 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

I'd rather go with a pass rusher, TBH. That's our biggest need, IMO.

Right there with you. Other than Johnson the other guys are just that. the other guys. We need someone that comes in and rushes like he's on bath salts. To either take Johnsons place or be a complimenting peice to CJ.

#17 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 01 September 2012 - 05:51 AM

DT is definitely not our biggest need. I would draft a top WR or top CB over a DT

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,162 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

I love how so many are absolutely terrified of adding first round talent to a position that hasn't had an impact player since Kris Jenkins.

where you getting terrified from?

it's called being pragmatic. it's called being wise. it's called not throwing away a 1st round pick on a position that is more prone to bust because you are desperate to fix that.

if i want a kris jenkins, i'll go out and get one...one that is proven. i'm not going to go and spend that pick on a position that takes too long to develop and has such a high chance of failure. you call that scared? meh....it's just smart and it's better than being stupid which is what setting your sights on a DT just because of need would be.

#19 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 09:52 PM

I really don't see a problem with drafting a DT in the first if that player happens to be the BPA and fills a major need. Even Kris Jenkins cost a second round pick. Setting your sights on a DT because of need isn't stupid, it just means you want to improve in that area and a first round pick, and all the risk that comes with making that pick, may be necessary. It doesn't automatically mean we'd be "throwing away" anything, especially if it's the right player.

But all things considered, cb might be the best route to go in the first next year.

#20 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,920 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:34 AM

Unless there's another Suh in this coming draft. You better get a DE or CB first round.

#21 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 07:35 AM

Our DT play sucked last year but I think we can build a serviceable unit out of guys currently on the roster. Can't say the same about the pass rush or secondary.

#22 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:07 PM

Whelp, guess my point is moot after the events of today. BPA it is.

#23 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 02 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

Much rather take a Safety next season. We wanted Mark Barron but he was off the board, so we settled for kuechley. Not that he was a bad selection, but the front office thought shoring up the safety spot was more important. I think thats the direction we head in the draft next year.

#24 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:01 PM

Matt Elam will suffice

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,654 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:39 AM

Reid from LSU looks solid.

#26 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,053 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:49 PM

Much rather take a Safety next season. We wanted Mark Barron but he was off the board, so we settled for kuechley. Not that he was a bad selection, but the front office thought shoring up the safety spot was more important. I think thats the direction we head in the draft next year.

I think if the draft was coming up we would go safety and predict by the time it actually rolls around we will go safety.

This team has honestly never had a legit top safety. Cota and Minter are the best in our history and that has to change. The position is more important now than its ever been in the league

#27 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:16 AM

I think if the draft was coming up we would go safety and predict by the time it actually rolls around we will go safety.

This team has honestly never had a legit top safety. Cota and Minter are the best in our history and that has to change. The position is more important now than its ever been in the league

The 2013 draft will have lots of good players at FS, but almost nothing at SS. Eric Reid from LSU, TJ McDonalds from USC, and Tony Jefferson from OU would all be solid picks.

#28 KDawg004

KDawg004

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

We need a FS. How nice would it be to have a ball hawk centerfield FS that would allow Godfrey to play closer to the line?

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,243 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:21 PM

I find the the loop rhetoric that you Hurney apologists spew out every year to be absolutely comical.

"we dont draft for need! We go BPA! Don't want our picks to bust! That's the way HurneyMagic does and it's best you just to accept it! If we have needs at other places we will fill them with proven commodities in free agency!"

*free agency comes*

"omg I'm so tired of all the threads about wanting quality players! Just stop it! The Hurndog has made it very clear we build this team through the draft and don't sign good players in free agency! It's best you just accept it! Hurneys' the expert and you are not!"

#30 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,162 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Reid from LSU looks solid.

i was just looking at him.

if i had to focus my attention on one position...it would be safety and reid is probably my top choice there. i like him and tj mcdonald and kenny voccarro. i'd be happy with any of those three. i expect the safety to be athletic and good in coverage, but a third and equally important thing is that they be big.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com