Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A. Smith As ST Returner?

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Did anyone else find themselves watching Armand Smith run the ball last night and thinking that maybe he might be a good option as a return man? The way he seemed able to find seams in the defense and quick-cut through them for more yards than he should've been able to get was pretty impressive to me. I laos liked how he batted away the hands of the Steelers trying to grab him as he sprinted past. Seems to have a lot of fight in him. I'd hate to be the guy who has to decide who gets the pink slip among our RBs.

1 person likes this

Posted

cut dwill. Plenty of room for A. Smith.

Posted

Being a good return man is WAY more than being able to run with the ball....that is the easy part. Fielding punts in traffic is something that is awful hard to teach at this level.

Posted

They used him quite a bit as a return man in the preseason...

Posted

Being a good return man is WAY more than being able to run with the ball....that is the easy part. Fielding punts in traffic is something that is awful hard to teach at this level.

He could do kickoffs.

1 person likes this

Posted

I like this guy. He adds a bit more of that quick scat back attributes. For him to make the 53 he will have to show ST value.I like him over Poole for those reasons

1 person likes this

Posted

Good idea...if we didnt have Pilares and Adams already.

Posted

I would be tempted to put Armond on kickoffs over Pilares. Or at least every once in awhile as a change up.

Posted

I guess I just hate the thought of losing a guy who has obvious talent like Smith does. It seems we have an embarrassment of riches when it comes to our RBs this year.

Posted

Despite his TD return last year, I am not against being open to a new KO returner.

Posted

Armond Smith did himself a great service by his play against the Steelers, interesting.

Posted

hate to cut the guy...he played well against the fins too