63 replies to this topic

#61 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:09 AM

Cam should get a tat because an old white man told him not to. I mean that would be more than a good excuse to do so. However i dont think thats what the bandage is for.

#62 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,091 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:40 AM

If you don't know something, it's easier to look it up rather than embarrassing yourself like that.

african american
noun an American whose ancestors were born in Africa

If you need any of those words looked up for you, let me know.

I'm completely white like paper, but my ancestors were born in africa. Does that mean I'm an African American?

#63 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,091 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:42 AM

Cam should get a tat because an old white man told him not to. I mean that would be more than a good excuse to do so. However i dont think thats what the bandage is for.

Yes, it would be totally smart to disrespect the team owner. The man that gave him a job, and pays his check and is waiting to give him a enormous check in a few years. I think Cam is smarter than that.

#64 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,049 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:25 AM

I'm completely white like paper, but my ancestors were born in africa. Does that mean I'm an African American?

"african american" refers more to the fact that familial lineage and heritage for many black americans is muddled due to the slave trade. it's a way to identify with some cultural heritage since many cannot trace their roots to the specific country of their ancestors. it's a clumsy way to refer to black people in general since there are black americans whose historical identity wasn't destroyed by slavery (for example there are black people who identify with latino ancestors/culture). anyway do you react this way to other celebrations of cultural identity such as st. patrick's day, mardi gras, or cinco de mayo, or are those who consider themselves "african american" just a little more bothersome to you for some particular reason?

anyway back on topic i remember at first not really thinking anything of it when JR told cam not to get any tattoos and i didn't fault him for preferring that the face of his franchise not be covered in tattoos (i mean hey, i don't have any tattoos) but honestly if he thinks cam getting a tattoo would be a "slap in the face" or "disrespectful" or whatever like some posters here have suggested then JR really needs to fuging get over himself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.