468 replies to this topic

#301 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:45 PM

But I thought we were fine at DT

lol Of course we weren't ideal at DT. People just got all defensive during the draft, saying poo like "I GUESS YOU KNOW MORE THAN RIVERA THEN HUH?'. No. Coaches will always talk in coach-speak. Everything will always be slightly sugar-coated. It's time people realise this.

#302 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:50 PM

Pie to the next Huddle poster that can describe what a NT is and what position each Edwards brothers play and the same for what Fua and McClain play.
I can't say for sure, but surely to God google explains this poo for the uninitiated.

#303 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:53 PM

Pie to the next Huddle poster that can describe what a NT is and what position each Edwards brothers play and the same for what Fua and McClain play.
I can't say for sure, but surely to God google explains this poo for the uninitiated.

Why?

#304 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 10:57 PM

In a nut shell, did Fua and McClain play the same position?

#305 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

I don't care if they played the same position. Fua wasn't good at his position. Krease and Shirley were better NT's. Now Shirley gone and Fua still here.

McClain was a 3 tech and we really only had Nebblett (who is gone for the 1st 4 games) and him. Now we can move some of the DE to 3 tech on passing downs. But We really only had 2 3 techs on the roster. We have 3 NT's on the roster. I would have loved if those 3 were Shirley, Edwards, and Krease. If we can cut McClain like that. Then we could have cut Fua and kept Shirley.

#306 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

id rather have mcclain then fua

#307 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:07 PM

Also as other have said. I would have rather kept McClain over Armanti. Who is still on this roster taking space for no reason.

#308 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:13 PM

I knew they played different positions. Ones a Under Tackle (UT) the other a Nose Tackle (NT). What I didn't know was that once the amount is set for that position you can't cut and add more for that position. I.E. cut a QB and add a UT. (thanks MadHatter)

Fua played NT at Stanford and McClain was a UT for South Florida. Dwan is a UT, much better than McClain, so he replaced him.

I still think Fua was the worse of the two, regardless of position. Imo, McClain was better last year (although he played like crap) than Fua. This year Fua showed more in the Preseason than McClain.

The only thing I'm concerned with this move is Dwans Age. We got rid of a Younger guy who played for only one year and added a Veteran who's better but won't play for as long as the younger guy. It goes against the going young philosophy and build through the draft rhetoric that was pounded away on us when a certain vet would come available at a given position of need.

#309 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

Rome wasn't built in a day, we did what we had to do. Shirley had zero potential compared to Fua.

Rivera, Hurney and Sigchi222 will sleep well tonight. I am 100% behind getting a viable 3 and letting Sione learn.

To each his own koolkat. We still cheer for the same team. Let's just all hope that cutting McClain's no-effort fat ass getting cut helps the 2012/13 team.

I predict no less than 7 "Edwards" being shouted out on defense during week one against TB.

#310 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:16 PM

Also as other have said. I would have rather kept McClain over Armanti. Who is still on this roster taking space for no reason.

Now you and I are blood brothers.

#311 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:18 PM

Fua/R.Edwards are run stuffing NT's.

McClain/D.Edwards/Neblett are pass rushing UT's.

#312 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 02 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

I knew they played different positions. Ones a Under Tackle (UT) the other a Nose Tackle (NT). What I didn't know was that once the amount is set for that position you can't cut and add more for that position. I.E. cut a QB and add a UT. (thanks MadHatter)

Fua played NT at Stanford and McClain was a UT for South Florida. Dwan is a UT, much better than McClain, so he replaced him.

I still think Fua was the worse of the two, regardless of position. Imo, McClain was better last year (although he played like crap) than Fua. This year Fua showed more in the Preseason than McClain.

The only thing I'm concerned with this move is Dwans Age. We got rid of a Younger guy who played for only one year and added a Veteran who's better but won't play for as long as the younger guy. It goes against the going young philosophy and build through the draft rhetoric that was pounded away on us when a certain vet would come available at a given position of need.

Edwards at UT or McClain at UT?
Fua cannot play the 1 tech, that is obvious, but he may develop at he 3. McClain was relegated to the 1, he failed and failed against 3rd teamers when we played Pittsburgh.
I very well may be wrong but Dwan will post more numbers than McClain could have dreamed of at the 3 tech.
If McClain succeeds, it will be at the 3 tech, he doesn't have the motor to be an NFL NT.
No offense, but that is what I believe bra.

#313 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 03 September 2012 - 12:02 AM

Edwards at UT or McClain at UT?
Fua cannot play the 1 tech, that is obvious, but he may develop at he 3. McClain was relegated to the 1, he failed and failed against 3rd teamers when we played Pittsburgh.
I very well may be wrong but Dwan will post more numbers than McClain could have dreamed of at the 3 tech.
If McClain succeeds, it will be at the 3 tech, he doesn't have the motor to be an NFL NT.
No offense, but that is what I believe bra.

To answer your question. Um, At this point in time. Dwan at UT is the right choice. D. Edwards has proved to be somewhat successful at that position. His numbers are very decent. Again, only concern with me about him is age. That's all.

It's just that is we are going to swallow some pills that are, hard to swallow. Like letting go of a 3rd round pick. Might as well do it for everyone. Mainly another Edwards that's not named Ron or Dwan. Also a guy who wears #7.

No offense taken at all. You weren't being offensive at all or had an undermining tone.

#314 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:16 AM

Finally got around to watching the final preseason game vs Steelers. I noticed McClain playing most of the 4th quarter. I also noticed McClain struggling badly to get off his blocker. The guy could not get any push and just plain looked bad.

Forget that McClain was a 3rd rounder and realize that getting Dwan Edwards was a pretty major upgrade.

#315 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 02:05 AM

I'm certain Sione Fua is on some relation to Rivera now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com