Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATS: Week One

18 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

ATS=Against the Spread

I'm planning on doing this on a weekly basis.

Pretty simple: pick three lines from the NFL and keep up with your results.

Here's mine:

Houston -11 over Miami

New York Giants -4 over Dallas

Carolina -2.5 over Tampa

Post your own.

Posted · Report post

Dang those are some good picks. I hate to copy yours. I think the Giants roll over the Cowboys I also love Houston big over Miami.

Washington +9 over the Saints**. Washington is 2-0 on opening day with Shanahan as coach, plus Shanahan is 14 - 4 on season openers. That leads the NFL among coaches. Redskins Saints** games are usually very close with Washington having an 8-5 record in New Oleans.

I'll take the points.

I think the Bills beat the Jets. I think the line is Jets -3. I have a feeling the Bills win by a TD or more.

And my 3 pick will be Houston big over Miami, by at least 2 touchdowns

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Like the Bills pick.

New Orleans scares me though. I think they have something to prove and that dome will be crazy.

I could see them getting a 2 TD lead quick and just pouring it on (could be a welcome to the NFL game for RG3)

Posted · Report post

I'll go with the bills to win straight up

Vikings -3.5 over jaguars

Eagles -8 over the browns

Bonus upset pick: chiefs to beat falcons straight up

Posted · Report post

Bonus upset pick: chiefs to beat falcons straight up.

I went back and forth on this one. Just couldn't commit to either one. I like KC at home but i think Ryan and the Falcons are the better over all team.

Posted · Report post

Seattle -2.5

Bills +3.0

Carolina -2.5

Posted · Report post

Dang those are some good picks. I hate to copy yours. I think the Giants roll over the Cowboys I also love Houston big over Miami.

Washington -9 over the Saints**. Washington is 2-0 on opening day with Shanahan as coach, plus Shanahan is 14 - 4 on season openers. That leads the NFL among coaches. Redskins Saints** games are usually very close with Washington having an 8-5 record in New Oleans.

I'll take the points.

I think the Bills beat the Jets. I think the line is Jets -3. I have a feeling the Bills win by a TD or more.

And my 3 pick will be Houston big over Miami, by at least 2 touchdowns

Deadskins are -9 @ Taints?

Posted · Report post

Deadskins are -9 @ Taints?

I swear it was 9 yesterday when i checked and now its moved to 7.5..

Posted · Report post

It should read Redskins +7.5 or +9 since they are underdogs is what he's saying.

Posted · Report post

It should read Redskins +7.5 or +9 since they are underdogs is what he's saying.

Yeah, dang, sorry

Posted · Report post

Bonus upset pick: chiefs to beat falcons straight up

The Chiefs will be without 3 or their best defenders. I think they'll be able to run the ball effectively against Atlanta, I just don't see them stopping White, Jones, Gonzo and HD.

My picks:

Atl -2.5 over K.C.

N.E. -6.5 over Ten

Car -2.5 over T.B.

Posted · Report post

The Chiefs will be without 3 or their best defenders. I think they'll be able to run the ball effectively against Atlanta, I just don't see them stopping White, Jones, Gonzo and HD.

My picks:

Atl -2.5 over K.C.

N.E. -6.5 over Ten

Car -2.5 over T.B.

Agree with your picks, but the Atlanta game scares me. The Falcons are a lot like the Saints* (get them out of the dome and they aren't as comfortable).

In the dome they may be one of the top five best teams in the league. Outside, i'm just not sure.

Should be a good game, and I don't think any outcome (outside of KC blowing the falcons out) would surprise me