Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 TARHEEL FB THREAD

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Wait ...so you can't play Elon every week?

1 person likes this

Posted

Good to see someone else emerge in the backfield. Wouldn't mind seeing someone emerge on the defensive line...

Posted

I'm a TARHEEL born and a TARHEEL bred and when I die I'll be a TARHEEL dead

Going to the game today and wearing my TARHEEL football colors proud!

:lol:

Posted

Go Wake!!! 28-27

2 people like this

Posted

Heels are only a 8.5 favorite to win. I hate betting on my teams but seriously considering laying the points.

Hope you laid the points. :)

Never bet against Jim Grobe when playing in Winston against a team from North Carolina.

1 person likes this

Posted

Price looked good today, the star of the show is without a doubt Campanaro. He was a monster.

1 person likes this

Posted

Tough game today for me start to ffinnisgh

We started walkin n at 230 and they wouldn't let us in because if a tornado.

Tip my hat to the deaCs Carolina deserved to lose this game those sons of bitches

The ride was very easy man

Posted

Three points... 1) Heels defense looked like the Panthers defense of 2011. 2) Tanner Price won the Heisman. 3) That head official clearly had a problem with UNC... "Facemask on the interior line" call on Wake's scoring possession that turned the drive around? Personal foul on us after the kick and the play was dead? Seemed like he was looking for stuff.

Oh well, I like Grobe, but that was garbage and I'm disappointed in some of the decisions Fedora made.

Posted

Regarding the facemask, according to the announcers it occurred early in the play, and we only saw film of the end of the play. For all we know, the Tarheel player may have grabbed the mask and twisted it around.

Posted

Regarding the facemask, according to the announcers it occurred early in the play, and we only saw film of the end of the play. For all we know, the Tarheel player may have grabbed the mask and twisted it around.

Yeah, you're right... BUT, how often have you ever heard that called, especially that late in a game on a drive that important. It seemed like he was looking for things to call.

And the guy he called it on (97 Sylvester?), first got into the backfield and then chased the RB down to make the tackle 5 yards or so upfield. Again, we didn't see the call in question, but I find it hard to believe that it was so aggressive that it had to be called, considering how much ground the DT covered in that one play. Who knows, just seemed really ticky-tack to me there at the end.

Posted

Well, its certainly a rare call.

But I will take it. :)

2 people like this

Posted

F*ck me. Down 36-7 at the half, rally back to 39-34 in the 4th.

4th and 3 on their 3 yard line, Highsmith makes the catch, gets facemasked during the process, drops the ball, no flag.