217 replies to this topic

#136 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:16 PM

This is a trap game.
I'm surprised at the extreme level of confidence by the board TBH.

Our Defense is a sieve.

meh....beason...davis...kuechly...edwards wall....norman...one year in the system...rivera getting more involved...none of that matters. we'll still suck.

#137 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

You played 2 dome teams early in Tampa....and won.

Teams don't quit after week 6 with a 4-2 record. Tampa just got punched in the mouth..... They may have quit very late in the year but they were just whipped the old fashion way much of last year.

Teams don't quit? Looks like the sports writers disagree as of the lack of effort wasn't so obvious anyway!

The Buccaneers did quit. It likely will cost coach Raheem Morris his job. If the players really liked playing for the 35-year-old Morris, they would not have laid down the way they did against Carolina. They allowed the Panthers to drive down the field on their opening possession, and it just got worse from there.

The Bucs trailed 20-10 at halftime but allowed Carolina to score 28 unanswered points out of the break. They allowed the Panthers to score on fourth-and-1 from the 11-yard line, gave up a 41-yard touchdown run to quarterback Cam Newton, lost a fumble on the ensuing kickoff and gave up another touchdown two plays later.

A team that wants its coach to retain his job doesn't lose a division game 48-16.

#138 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

meh....beason...davis...kuechly...edwards wall....norman...one year in the system...rivera getting more involved...none of that matters. we'll still suck.

You know that's not what I am saying.
I am enjoying everyone being all riled up honestly.

But the Buc's should be better than last year.

I don't necessarily think we will lose, but i can see it happening.

#139 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:26 PM

Teams don't quit? Looks like the sports writers disagree as of the lack of effort wasn't so obvious anyway!

The Buccaneers did quit. It likely will cost coach Raheem Morris his job. If the players really liked playing for the 35-year-old Morris, they would not have laid down the way they did against Carolina. They allowed the Panthers to drive down the field on their opening possession, and it just got worse from there.

The Bucs trailed 20-10 at halftime but allowed Carolina to score 28 unanswered points out of the break. They allowed the Panthers to score on fourth-and-1 from the 11-yard line, gave up a 41-yard touchdown run to quarterback Cam Newton, lost a fumble on the ensuing kickoff and gave up another touchdown two plays later.

A team that wants its coach to retain his job doesn't lose a division game 48-16.

As I said, teams don't quit at 4-2.....

They may have quit late in that season....but that was after they started getting their teeth kicked in fairly often. You can caulk a game or so up to quitting.....but they just got flat out beat for most of it.

Carolina became an offensive machine last year....them getting rolled on wasn't them just quitting. they simply didn't have the means to stop them. They realized that in the first matchup. Newton had arguably the greatest rookie season in NFL history...it wasn't that they just quit and allowed it. Only person that stopped Cam last year was named Cam Newton.

#140 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,847 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:29 PM

This is a trap game.
I'm surprised at the extreme level of confidence by the board TBH.

Our Defense WAS a sieve without Edwards, Edwards, Beason, Davis, Kuechly, Norman and Nakamura and a different starting line up every week.

Fixed for accuracy.

#141 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

You know that's not what I am saying.
I am enjoying everyone being all riled up honestly.

But the Buc's should be better than last year.

I don't necessarily think we will lose, but i can see it happening.

most people see the bus as having improved, but the spread in talent and ability and coaching is still the same (well, they may have caught up a little in the coaching dept., but the bar was set at zero so....).

the bucs got better, but so did we. did we improve as much as the bucs? probably not...but we didn't need to. we're still a team that should be dominating them. there's a lot of teams on the schedule i respect. the bucs ain't one of them...esp. this early in their new era.

#142 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:35 PM

most people see the bus as having improved, but the spread in talent and ability and coaching is still the same (well, they may have caught up a little in the coaching dept., but the bar was set at zero so....).

the bucs got better, but so did we. did we improve as much as the bucs? probably not...but we didn't need to. we're still a team that should be dominating them. there's a lot of teams on the schedule i respect. the bucs ain't one of them...esp. this early in their new era.

Fixed for accuracy.

I know it was pre-season.
But did you guys see the Jet's moving the ball on that first team D ?
I just don't have the unending confidence just yet.

Oddly, however, I will be shocked if we don't beat the Saints*.

My head hurts...

#143 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

your domain is down, forget to pay the bill?

Posted Image

#144 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,302 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

I know it was pre-season.
But did you guys see the Jet's moving the ball on that first team D ?
I just don't have the unending confidence just yet.

Oddly, however, I will be shocked if we don't beat the Saints**.

My head hurts...

like you said, the bucs should be better.

you need to be acknowledging that the panthers D should be better...regardless of how it looked like the jets were moving at will on the panthers D. that just wasn't the case. you look at the stats and they just weren't that successful. 4.4 yards per play on rushing and passing isn't that great, is it? 32 passing attempts but only 15 completions and 2 INTS? not too shabby. held to FGs? c'mon.

seems that people are more confident in the bucs improvements than the panthers.

#145 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,610 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

li 4.4 yards per play on rushing and passing isn't that great

If it was just rushing yeah that is pretty damn good.

dunno how it correlates with passing tho.

#146 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

digibuc isn't aljandro actually

hey digibuc you shouldn't put up personal information on your steam account lol

raise your hand if you wanna see funny pics of kyle

Posted Image

#147 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,090 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:49 PM

Posted Image

it was useful for finding your dating profile

damnit phillyB stop that! *kurb*

#148 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,963 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

you need to be acknowledging that the panthers D should be better...regardless of how it looked like the jets were moving at will on the panthers D. that just wasn't the case. you look at the stats and they just weren't that successful. 4.4 yards per play on rushing and passing isn't that great, is it? 32 passing attempts but only 15 completions and 2 INTS? not too shabby. held to FGs? c'mon.

seems that people are more confident in the bucs improvements than the panthers.

Well, I thnk the run D should be better.....I think pass D being better is debatable at the moment.

As for the Jets moving the ball on us....did the stat sheet show how many times the WRs got open against our starters just to drop the relatively easy catch? On of those went for a INT....we just got lucky, play should of been a nice completion for NY. It looked like they passed on us pretty easy bc we really didn't stop them as much they stopped themselves IMO.

All comes down to Rivera proving this front 7 pressure is more than just talk,

#149 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,830 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

it was useful for finding your dating profile

damnit phillyB stop that! *kurb*

Can someone explain how this works, i clicked email him and nothing happened.

#150 BigFan12

BigFan12

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:54 PM

Cam was 6 of 15 with almost half of those attempts against backups

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com