217 replies to this topic

#106 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:44 AM

Please explain how your free agency and draft was a push? Let's talk about the current state of the teams than what meanignless win you guys accomplished nearly a year ago, because that clearly matters right?

What team has done a better job of trying to build a legacy, or should I say re-build a legacy for my Bucs??

When is the last time the Panthers have had a winning season? Oh wait, that's funny because the Panthers would be inferior to the bucs with that logic...

Child please.

You know, the Bengals had a couple good years once too. Legacy? Riiiight.

Last winning season? 2008. Not that far removed, really. Given our coaching/QB situation for 2 of those years between then and now, not really a bad deal. That has been corrected.

I like how you wanted to go with CURRENT state of the teams...then when you get called on it, you refer back to when the Bucs were truly relevant....10 years ago.

#107 AqibTalib

AqibTalib

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:55 AM

You know, the Bengals had a couple good years once too. Legacy? Riiiight.

Last winning season? 2008. Not that far removed, really. Given our coaching/QB situation for 2 of those years between then and now, not really a bad deal. That has been corrected.

I like how you wanted to go with CURRENT state of the teams...then when you get called on it, you refer back to when the Bucs were truly relevant....10 years ago.

1.)I'm still waiting to hear that explanation on how the Panthers FA/Draft are equal to that of the Bucs.....

Let's keep it relevant and moving, or I might have to post another picture of a lombardi trophy......

I'm trying to talk about the current state of the teams and trying to educate some of these "casual" fans about the game of football and their good ole' rival Bucs...

Now please refer back up to point #1.

#108 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:59 AM

1.)I'm still waiting to hear that explanation on how the Panthers FA/Draft are equal to that of the Bucs.....

Let's keep it relevant and moving, or I might have to post another picture of a lombardi trophy......

I'm trying to talk about the current state of the teams and trying to educate some of these "casual" fans about the game of football and their good ole' rival Bucs...

Kuechly was a great draft pick (looking like he may end up being DROTY). We also seem to strike with our pick of Amini. Also, getting both Ron Edwards back (FA last year) and picking up Dwan VASTLY improves our DL. Picking up Nakamura improves us a good bit at safety (he learned from a future hall of famer in Reed). Murphy gives us another legitimate target in the pass game, and Tolbert gives us ANOTHER monster in the backfield.

All of the above is fact. So, AT WORST, the Panthers/Bucs offseason was pretty comparable.

To the rest of your post

Posted Image

#109 AqibTalib

AqibTalib

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:12 AM

Kuechly was a great draft pick (looking like he may end up being DROTY). We also seem to strike with our pick of Amini. Also, getting both Ron Edwards back (FA last year) and picking up Dwan VASTLY improves our DL. Picking up Nakamura improves us a good bit at safety (he learned from a future hall of famer in Reed). Murphy gives us another legitimate target in the pass game, and Tolbert gives us ANOTHER monster in the backfield.

All of the above is fact. So, AT WORST, the Panthers/Bucs offseason was pretty comparable.

To the rest of your post

Posted Image

You're not giving a comparision, you're stating fact along with inference..

#110 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,623 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:22 AM

You're not giving a comparision, you're stating fact along with inference..

The only moves that I really see that are going to TRULY make an immediate difference will be Jackson and Wright. The rest are average NFL players, really. Sure, an improvement, but you guys were pretty bad last season. If you truly think you're better than us based on adding (again, AT WORST) practically the same amount of talent, then I am sorry, but you're delusional. This is all on paper, of course. We'll have to see for sure come Sunday. But for now, to claim that "you have arrived" after adding some pieces is just ridiculous, considering you were in the cellar of the league last season.

#111 Brokenbad

Brokenbad

Cam is my hero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Before I came here a few days ago I thought it would be fun to come here and talk smack like I used to back in the day but between the overload of camwagon fans and the overwhelming belief that the 6-10 panthers suddenly have a top 3 defense, I must proceed with caution when I say...you're wrong.
For starters, vegas sealed the L for the panties by favoring the panties to win. I just put a fat stack on the Bucs and the winnings will be used on one of those hangover II nights.
Secondly, the panties are on the road. May not mean much in the big scheme of things with the lack of fan support and all but the stadium will still be more than 75% full soo...advantage Bucs.
As for the games play, I'm sorry to inform you that the Bucs D is back. Yea I said it and if you don't believe me, STFU and watch. Cam is Cam and he will avoid a number of sacks but I think we can all agree that a qb on the run is less effective than a qb standing in a sealed pocket. And that forces the panthers O right into the strength of our D, the secondary. Talib and Wright at cb and Ronde Barber and the Red Barron at safety. Not mention that we have been seeing alot of 6 DB sets this preseason from Schiano.
As for the panthers D...fug off it doesn't exist. Like your special teams unit, you're D looks every bit of 6-10 and no amount of vegas favoring or espn QB ranking will change that. Oh you think a rookie LB will change that? Sure why not. I think the Bucs will win the SB this year. See, I can use my faith too. Koochies good but so is Willis and how many rings does he have? ZING! The reality is, the Bucs and kittens are the up and coming teams in the NFC south and since the Bucs have won a SB, we are your big brothers.
No need to thank me for shedding the light of truth, I do it cause I've enjoyed some good times here before the influx of ex laker and packer fans.

O?

Wait....who was is that guy that holds the record for the most rushing touchdowns by a QB in one season?

I forget his name...seems like he did it as a rookie though...WAIT! It was THIS guy:

Posted Image

Interesting to note he broke the record AT Tampa Bay....

#112 xerxes

xerxes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

When I think of the Bucs I think of stuff like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7HXhxVjAIE

That was my first Panthers game at BoA. My wife surprised me with tickets to the Monday Night Game. It was the 2008 season. The Bucs and us were both 9-3, and it really was a turning point in the season. The Panthers literally broke the Bucs will that game, and they went on to lose 4 straight and finished 9-7.

It was a beautiful game because it was back and forth for the until the 4th quarter and then our running game just took over. Stewart and D-Will were in beast mode. If I remember right they both put up over 100 yards.

The stadium was electric, and it was a great experience. So I have rather fond memories of Bucs vs Panthers.

As to the OP, the title says it all. It's not a "trap game" unless one of the team is supposed to suck. Guess which team that is? Basically, all he's saying is, "hey our crappy team may not be as terrible as everyone thinks, and the Panthers are going to overlook us."

Well I got bad news. This is a statement game for the Panthers. With Ryan Kalil's prediction, the Panthers have a lot to prove. If you think for a second RR is going to let anyone think they've "arrived", you have another thing coming. Cam and the rest of the team know it's all talk until it's shown on the field. Sunday is their chance.

So let me tell you my predication. The Panthers aren't just going to win. They're going to destroy the Bucs. We have something to prove, and y'all are going to be the unfortunate victims.

#113 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

Hey man if you need a link to watch the game, I got you.

LMAO

/THREAD

#114 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,263 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 07 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

1. There is no reason to think not, he has been surrounded by offensive weaponary this off-season and actually plays for a coaching staff that isn't featured on the Gangland history channel.....

2. It will hold up pretty good imo, because D.J. is a bit overrated....Ted Larsen blows in the run game but he is an adequate pass blocker that will have help from a savy center and tackle.....With one pro-bowler gone on our line, we still have 2 more, Donald Penn and Carl Nicks.......

3. When Gerald McCoy is healthy he is one of the best and most disruptive DT's in the game against the Run&pass.....I blame alot of the collapse of 11 due to the loss of G.McCoy and him not being there to dominate double teams...

4. Foster has shown great potential see the start of 11 season and actually played through injury most of the season

5. Quincy Black is basically a ghost that does nothing bad or good.

All you need to remember is that the Panthers have smacked that Buccaneer ass 5 out of the last 7 times we have played. And, only two of those were with Cam.

The beatdown and dominance continues Sunday.

#115 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,549 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:17 AM

It took the Bucs franchise 26 years to stop being a punchline, but even that was short lived.

#116 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,583 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

You and your bet is what makes the Vegas bookies so much money.For a fan from a team that cannot sell a row of seats that just blew his paycheck on a 4-12 team I would be hiding in a closet not boasting.Why dont you take that wad of money and buy seat so they will have someone cheering for them

Why dont you go back and play with some of your Buc Fans? Oh I forgot there are not any.

#117 ECUPantherFan

ECUPantherFan

Wish we had Olsen twins

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 07:51 AM

Yep... you brought the best football mind in New Jersey to Tampa... lol... that oughta do it.

#118 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,505 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

What is relevant is that the Bucs talent level was so diminished that despite the draft and free agency the talent on the Bucs is still not to the level of the Panthers which is why the Bucs will be better but still finish in the basement.

For example, we didn't have to go out and spend huge bucks to get a number 1 receiver, we already had one in Steve Smith who has terrorized the Bucs over the years. Just ask John Gruden.
We already had a number 2 in LaFell so we went out and got a number 3 in Murphy.

The Bucs went out and got Barron because Barber should already be retired and they needed someone to replace him. Meanwhile the Panthers went out and got Kuechly to solidify an already great linebacking corps with the return of Beason in the middle regardless of what Davis does,

The Bucs got Nicks because their line was abused last year.
The Panthers went out and got Silatolu in the second to provide the piece missing when they dumped Wharton. They already had 2 probowlers on the line and several solid contributors.

The reality is that the Bucs had to go out and spend big to convince the fans they wanted to field a winner. Obviously by the blackout, fans are not convinced. But the Bucs had so many holes because the Glaziers have been cheap for so long there was little talent on that team and they wouldn't spend to upgrade.. But if you look at the lineup from top to bottom and the team as a whole the Panthers still have more talent which is saying something given we drained some of our talent pool in 2010 and we still have more.

FAs don't play in vacuum but as members of a team. So who cares who has the better FA acquisitions if the team still sucks.

#119 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,468 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

panthers offseason moves vs. bucs offseason moves basically comes down to strengthening strengths vs. trying to make weaknesses strong.

#120 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

You can discuss facts and stats all day long, but for me it always comes down to one thing....

Your mascot is a gay pirate and a boat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.