109 replies to this topic

#31 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

We shall see... their OL at least needs to be average this year, if so Munn 1on1 with Williams and try to double VJax IF that run 1st, set up the pass turns out effective...

Nothing to sneeze at in that scenario... Obviously we'll find out on Sunday.

#32 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,053 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 07 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Hard not to be excited about Beason starting. I know it gets me ready to see our defense!

Not really worried Captain is starting.
This is nothing new.

#33 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,225 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Please let Beason be healthy this year.

I do not want to witness him go down in a heap or come up lame in the opener again.

#34 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

Hard not to be excited about Beason starting. I know it gets me ready to see our defense!

Not really worried Captain is starting.
This is nothing new.

exactly. the front 7 being upgraded makes me feel better about this.

#35 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

Munnerlyn getting burned is also nothing new. Just sayin

#36 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:16 AM

May CJ and the Edwards wall get push into the pocket consistently to make Freeman scramble or make quick throws. That line will be Munnerlyn's best help.

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,836 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Giants probably didn't think they would lose bc of the Ogletree Romo connection. I mean if you were game planning against this D....would you not put a heavy emphasis on the Williams/Captain matchup. Hope to find a way to get VJ on Captain in a dream scenario?

Giants probably didn't think Cruz would forget how to catch either.

#38 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:20 AM

Two predictions for the upcoming game and days following:

1) One of our linebackers will get a pick on Sunday. All 3 have the ability, provided we can get occasional pressure from the DL.

2) On Tuesday or Wednesday, we will sign a vet CB, and move Campbell (the safety, not the OT) to the practice squad.

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 14,739 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:30 AM

Basically some person(s) think last year's Mike Williams is guaranteed to show up this year aside from him supposedly having a good camp and coming back in great condition compared to last year...

Assuming they get a run game going (yes I think we should be able to stop it, yet to be seen this year), means the defense will be facing a lot of playaction since the wideouts will face single coverage. I'd like to think Gamble could handle his own against VJax but that could be a pipe dream vs his size/speed. Rolling coverage to him leaves Munnerlyn 1on1 with Williams and no one should feel good about that scenario. Consistently moving the chains leads to points.

What I depend on Rivera/McDemott to do is find a way to keep that run game from happening, if anything. Then they can get cute with various schemes in pass coverage...

Obviously Shiano's goal of run 1st has to be effective. I like our chances but the thought running around that Munny can handle Williams 1on1 is not going to happen.

A lot of situational talk there, but that's why they play the game.

#40 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,281 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

Basically some person(s) think last year's Mike Williams is guaranteed to show up this year aside from him supposedly having a good camp and coming back in great condition compared to last year...

Assuming they get a run game going (yes I think we should be able to stop it, yet to be seen this year), means the defense will be facing a lot of playaction since the wideouts will face single coverage. I'd like to think Gamble could handle his own against VJax but that could be a pipe dream vs his size/speed. Rolling coverage to him leaves Munnerlyn 1on1 with Williams and no one should feel good about that scenario. Consistently moving the chains leads to points.

What I depend on Rivera/McDemott to do is find a way to keep that run game from happening, if anything. Then they can get cute with various schemes in pass coverage...

Obviously Shiano's goal of run 1st has to be effective. I like our chances but the thought running around that Munny can handle Williams 1on1 is not going to happen.

A lot of situational talk there, but that's why they play the game.

Wouldn't be surprised if TB opened the game up with a play action deep pass to VJax. All this talk of pounding the ball and a 6'5 man child at Wideout...I hope captain brings a jet pack to get up there

#41 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Munnerlyn getting burned is also nothing new. Just sayin

this isn't foxball. we'll adjust/adapt.

#42 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,125 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

exactly. the front 7 being upgraded makes me feel better about this.

I dont.

#43 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

too bad.

#44 Gallagher

Gallagher

Never Doubt Davis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

1) One of our linebackers will get a pick on Sunday. All 4 have the ability, provided we can get occasional pressure from the DL.

Fixed that for you.

#45 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,023 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

people are making it sound like we've never had to deal with mike williams before.

if capt can't handle him, then stick norman on him. if that doesn't work...double him up. if the WRs are eating us up in man coverage, move to zone or run a lot of nickel offense.

i'm just not worried. i've got faith in rivera/mcD being more able to deal with it than the bucs being able to dish it out.

I have less faith in McDermott than I do in Capt, what has McDermott done anywhere to prove he is any good at DC?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.