Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reporting from Tampa

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Big thunderstorms last night continuing today. Field should be soaked.

Lots of Buc optimism in the local papers predicting a 10+ point victory.

Haven't seen a Buc logo on a hat, shirt or car yet.

Stopped by the hotel that the panthers are staying at. All seemed to be in great spirits and enjoying themselves. Spoke to a few personell who said the week in Tampa was like another camp in terms of chemistry development.

There were some Panthers fans outside the hotel looking for autographs.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Rise and shine, It's butt whipping time!! its 7:30 am i just woke up and thought of a nickname for the rushing attack. Cool runnings!!!!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

So what I'm gathering is that in Tampa Bay you saw more of a Panther fan presence than Buc fan...interesting..

Posted · Report post

Ug it bothers me that it is raining. Normally I'd welcome it but for the very first game I really wanted to see everyone clearly and not have the 'rain' to blame. I hope it is somewhat clear gametime.

Posted · Report post

Pretty much. The biggest fan presence I have seen is Ohio State interestingly enough. Huge tailgate party at our neighborhood bar. Looked like fun.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Pass out of Existence' timestamp='1347190419' post='1890360']
Ug it bothers me that it is raining. Normally I'd welcome it but for the very first game I really wanted to see everyone clearly and not have the 'rain' to blame. I hope it is somewhat clear gametime.
[/quote]

50% at game time.

Luckily there won't be a storm that will rival the jags game last year. Nothing new for our guys.

But, the rain could decrease the amount of Tampa fans while not deterring the Carolina fans who paid much more to be there considering travel.

Posted · Report post

Been pouring for the past 2 hours. Field is going to be sloppy.

Posted · Report post

according to the forecast I saw, the weather is going to get a lot worse around game time. Do they stop the game for a bad storm with lightning or what?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Local weather guy on tv said it will be a more isolated storm type of thing at kickoff

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BigFurryKittyMan' timestamp='1347195398' post='1890381']
according to the forecast I saw, the weather is going to get a lot worse around game time. Do they stop the game for a bad storm with lightning or what?
[/quote]

Of course they stop a game with lightening.

Posted · Report post

No. They put metal rods on their helmets and play in the lightning trying to harvest free energy to power the jumbotron
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

this website is usually pretty accurate for gameday ...

http://www.findlocalweather.com/pinpoint/us/fl/raymond+james+stadium/current23338.html