Photo
- - - - -

Deangelo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#25 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

I know DeAngelo got "hotter" last year. I just think he's showing some tread on the tires.

I think Stewart should get 70% of carries and is a more complete back. We had to abandon the run, he was getting negative yards every time, literally it was throwing away downs.

#26 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:14 PM

Did you watch the fuging Oline today moron. Barry Sanders would have had a hard time behind that Oline today.

#27 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I know DeAngelo got "hotter" last year. I just think he's showing some tread on the tires.

I think Stewart should get 70% of carries and is a more complete back. We had to abandon the run, he was getting negative yards every time, literally it was throwing away downs.

But that was Chud more than Williams. They were pointless plays....and that was Chud. Set DWill and the O up to fail. Cam was in the shotgun the entire first half. Tampa had no threat of the run bc Williams isn't a runner out of those sets....he is an addition to those with Stewart. OL had a Tampa team pin their ears back on them....and that again falls on Chud.

That was a Stewart gameplan without Stewart.

We should of been using traditional run formation from the start. Williams would have had more success and the Tampa front wouldn't of been able to pin their ears back. That isn't hindsight coming into play.

Saying Williams and his contract is a waste isn't a knock on Williams. He doesn't fit.

#28 cbully

cbully

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'll say this.... I don't want to see one tweet this week! and stew>dwill

#29 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Did you watch the fuging Oline today moron. Barry Sanders would have had a hard time behind that Oline today.

They pass rushed them all game. That is what happens... Chud didn't make them guess or play the run. Gameplan made DWill and OL look like poo.

#30 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:34 PM

They pass rushed them all game. That is what happens... Chud didn't make them guess or play the run. Gameplan made DWill and OL look like poo.

I don't see why he has a fuging problem working the power I more into the game.

#31 MemphisGambler

MemphisGambler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:35 PM

I just dont get why some are so sensitive over Williams. Just be objective

The first down play calling was Fox like. Tampa was stacking the box with 8-9 and we were running horrilbe handoffs sideways out of the shotgun. Recipe for failure. It was terrible. Stewart, OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell couldn't have made chicken salad out of that shi*. OL got blown up all day and Cam had opportunities to throw to Deangelo out of the backfield but he didn't.

#32 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:41 PM

The first down play calling was Fox like. Tampa was stacking the box with 8-9 and we were running horrilbe handoffs sideways out of the shotgun. Recipe for failure. It was terrible. Stewart, OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell couldn't have made chicken salad out of that shi*. OL got blown up all day and Cam had opportunities to throw to Deangelo out of the backfield but he didn't.

Stewart doesn't take sideways read options.....

#33 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

6 carries, minus one yard.

Got flamed for saying he isn't all that a few weeks back. People said "do you watch the Panthers".

All the D-Will fan boys.

Dude is not a threat, whatsoever. He is a scat back. don't care what he did five years ago. He is a touch football player. Any sign of contact and he's on the ground. If Im seeing it I guarantee other NFL teams are.

Hilarious

DeAngelo can't create his own holes. If the O-line isn't doing their jobs, D Will can't do his. D Will is a good back, but I think that our o-line is more of a pass protection line than a run blocking line.

#34 MemphisGambler

MemphisGambler

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Stewart doesn't take sideways read options.....

No RB could have succeeded in that scenario with our OL getting no push. I get it. I know you think Stewart would have done better, but those first down run plays were so predictable and pathetic that no running back is set up to succeed on those calls. I believe that Stewart is a better inside runner. The play calling still sucked especially on first down. Stewart might have been able to mitigate the losses, but he wouldn't have done a whole lot better.

#35 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

i remember when people used to say williams was the better rusher because he could make something out of nothing and stewart couldn't.

#36 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

No RB could have succeeded in that scenario with our OL getting no push. I get it. I know you think Stewart would have done better, but those first down run plays were so predictable and pathetic that no running back is set up to succeed on those calls. I believe that Stewart is a better inside runner. The play calling still sucked especially on first down. Stewart might have been able to mitigate the losses, but he wouldn't have done a whole lot better.

We were running a zone read O without a zone read RB.....so yeah, the run didn't work. it doesn't work with Williams running horizontal zone reads. Stewart doesn't do that. if they collapse on Stewart up the gut it totally changes what the DL is doing ......they no longer can pin their ears back and pass rush all day.

OL isn't suppose to get great push on those plays......they don't know where the action is going. problem is we didn't have a RB to draw attention/focus up the gut. Williams was foolishly doing it to the outside....but that could of been Chud. Dont forget last year Cam asked for it...and Cam even did in game coaching with Williams last year on some option plays. Williams wasn't setting it up right.....he made Cam's correction and took an option pitch to the house.