• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

Second half of the LAST GAME. As in two quarters against the Saints** when they were running up the score.

Poo. I read it wrong. My apologies. I'm just so used to hearing people say he played bad the 2nd half of last season because he wasn't throwing for 400 yards. I hate hearing it. My bad.

#17 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:43 PM

He made some pretty awesome throws in this game....the deep ball to murphy...his passes to Olsen...gave Smith some nice passes too.....the two INTs were poor decisions....it seemed like he was just looking and dead set on the deep pass play...instead of checking down and taking the safer option....i think overall it was him pressing and trying to get the team back into the game.

I mean the OLine has got to protect better. I mean look what happens to any QB when they are under pressure constantly...even Tom Brady appears human when teams get to him....

Cam is still the franchise and he's still an amazing talent. I know its far away but i really hope the trenches are truly addressed and upgraded in the offseason.

#18 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:44 PM

What I find so troubling is, other teams are doing everything to protect their QB and give him time to get his job done but not this team. It's the attitude of We got Cam that seems to be the attitude. He can do it all. Why bother do our job and protect him so he can get good reads. Let's let every defender get to him and let's have the pocket break easily break down around so he won't have a chance to and have to throw on the first read or run for his life.

Umm, I don't normally have a problem with you, fias, but that is the most f*cking retarded thing I've read all night. Yuu really think the line isn't interested in protecting the FRANCHISE quarterback? They didn't give up, they got beat by a better performance. It happens.

#19 FugginPoo

FugginPoo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

wonder if Redskins would trade RG3 for Cam?

#20 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,955 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:46 PM

He's not reading the defense. He can't see what they are trying to do, so he isn't making protection adjustments. It's fortunate that he is the athlete that he is or he would have gotten killed today. Chud's playcalling needs to get better though. He's getting cute when he needs to try to create mismatches and draw up high percentage plays and get a rhythm established. Ignoring the running game was a mistake.

#21 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,377 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:47 PM

After today, I'm sure that I live in an alternate universe.

It is not possible that we all watched the same game.

My one complaint with Cam/Chud is the lack of a short passing game. We must develop that for days like today. Other than that, Cam is throwing the ball much better than last year at this time. Make any team/QB one dimensional, and they are going to have some problems.

#22 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:48 PM

I'm not really worried about him, but he has to stop throwing bad INT's. INT's happen to all QB's, but a lot of Cam's come from him making bad decisions when a play breaks down.

He threw the ball into an area with four defenders at least twice today. Once Lafell came down with it and once it was intercepted. Both could have very easily been INT's.

#23 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Stafford, 3 picks, Vick, 4 picks, Brees, 2 picks, Rodgers pick and a loss, Luck, 3 picks, Fitzpatrick, 3 picks, etc etc.

#24 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,906 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:55 PM

Cam is Cam.

If he isnt getting a lot of help....he consistently turns into a big play gambler. His leading rusher was a WR with 5 yards. I don't have any issue with Cam's play.

#25 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:57 PM

wonder if Redskins would trade RG3 for Cam?

In a heartbeat I would say.

Honestly I think 30 other franchises would sign up for Cam.

#26 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Dude threw for over 300 yards and looks leagues better as a thrower of the football than where he was at. He made some bad decisions trying to make stuff happen when it wasn't there, but it ain't something that bothers me at this stage in his career.

#27 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Nah just a couple bad choices that wasnt helped by the line. Got a few lolz in the chat though when raleigh-panther said he wasnt sure cam was a QB....

I'm not sure.

He is a great athlete, no question.

Great QBs are not always great athletes.

Frankly, I"m not sure. If you are, and others are, well, great.

I was really in his camp when he was drafted, in his camp last year, heard a lot of things about him that i felt were ridiculous and still do.

However, today, I saw a guy that seemed to regress, stared down receivers, didn't do his check downs, hesitant and indecisive, threw the ball into not double but triple coverage, losing yardage
when he could've just thrown the ball away.

And stil more interceptions. This team is not good enough to overcome that.

Was this one game in the season, we'll see.

#28 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

I thought he looked really good overall. The forced throws leading to interceptions are a concern. I feel bad that he has to put up with the lack of talent around him.

#29 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,878 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

His ball placement today was elite on 90% of his throws.

#30 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 09 September 2012 - 09:01 PM

23 for 33 for 303 yards passing. 1 TD and 2 INT's. One was a tipped ball the other was Forced.

Overall his performance was ok. Not his best but not his worst. The offensive line was no help at all this time around, he had almost no room, he was rattled and had a defender on him every other play. He also wasn't on the field very long. 22 minutes to be exact, the ball was kept from him by the Bucs O running so much and winding down the clock. That was the same strategy the Skins used on Drew but as you can see Brees still scored, a lot. Basic principle and formula. Keep Newton off the field, and make him turn over the ball in the limited amount of time he has will equal a win for the other team.

Josh freeman wasn't stellar, he was below pedastrian but he had no turnovers. Played perfectly. Lack of pass rush really helped him as well. His Running game actually got off to a good start. These aren't excuses. They are facts.

I wouldn't pin this loss on Newton at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.