- - - - -

Ok, what's your record prediction now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
88 replies to this topic

#76 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

curmudgeon

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

I'll stick with 5-11.

#77 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

One of the reasons I don't do predict record threads early, hard to say until week 4 or 5. I will let you know in a few weeks.

Well Duhhh.

Its a little easier to predict a record with 1/3 of the season over.

#78 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:48 PM

Well Duhhh.

Its a little easier to predict a record with 1/3 of the season over.

Exactly. By then you know what you have. I would rather be late and right than early and totally off the mark like some of you.

#79 Vertigo Jones

Vertigo Jones

NOT NEWB

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:01 AM

I'm going to guess 7-9, using a whole lot less criteria than I'm sure you all are.

#80 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

9 wins like Marguide said. Defense is still not talented enough and *knocks on wood* is one injury away from being right back where it was last season.

Offense will get the ball rolling as the season progresses I'm sure, but Chud and his erratic NCAA football plays need to get under some kind of balance.

For christ sake, on 2nd and 8 I believe in one drive he had Cam toss a 30+ yard bomb. Why? Why was it necessary to do that?

Wait a minute, so what you are saying is that on a second and 8 play, Cam should never throw a 30+ yard bomb? WTF are you talking about? Do you even watch football? I am trying to understand why you would say that, but it is just blowing my mind that you would be pissed off about throwing a 30+ yard pass on 2nd and 8.

#81 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:42 AM

Exactly. By then you know what you have. I would rather be late and right than early and totally off the mark like some of you.

why so serious? is there a prize i don't know about? does the winner get a cookie? what kind of cookie is it? is it chocolate/chocolate chip?

if so, i'm in!!!!

i predict 15-1.

#82 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

If we start the season 0-4 it might get real ugly for us. We have some real problems on the Oline and I probably could play in our secondary on defense. So if we start off 0-4 I think we will finish the year 5-11 but if we don't we will have a chance to finish 8-8 or 9-7.

#83 Shlomo

Shlomo

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:57 AM

8-8, gotta love mediocrity. I would be pleasantly surprised to be wrong

#84 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• PipPipPipPip
TROLLOLOL

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:05 AM

I use to say 11-5, now I say either 5-11 or 7-9 how we played last week. Just awful.

#85 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

Why not wait until game 12 or so then? Or better yet be 100% correct every time and predict the teams record after the season is over. I predict our record for 2011 will be 6-10.

#86 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:50 AM

It depends on how you look at it.Some of the teams we play had a lackluster game as well. The Giants,Chiefs,Chargers,Saints**,Seahawks,Raiders, and the Eagles were all less than impressive.The redskins,Falcons,Broncos Bears and Cowboys looked pretty good..

The bottom line is we all know our offense can play better.The Falcons lost there number one cb and I am sure other injuries will occur.From what I saw we can beat the Eagles,the Bucs,Seattle and Kansas and San Diego and hopefully can split with the Falcons and Saints**.

So while we lost a game we should have won the season is not over.

#87 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:13 PM

Wait a minute, so what you are saying is that on a second and 8 play, Cam should never throw a 30+ yard bomb? WTF are you talking about? Do you even watch football? I am trying to understand why you would say that, but it is just blowing my mind that you would be pissed off about throwing a 30+ yard pass on 2nd and 8.

I never said he should never do anything. I clearly said on 2nd and 8 in literally the 2nd offensive drive Chud went for the most oddest play call in the situation.

#88 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:06 PM

8-8

#89 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:30 AM

Why not wait until game 12 or so then? Or better yet be 100% correct every time and predict the teams record after the season is over. I predict our record for 2011 will be 6-10.

I didn't realize it was a race to see who could make the quicker prediction based on no evidence. For that matter as I said earlier, this is why I don't make predictions about records. Anyone who thinks they know how this season is going to go after preseason or even after last week is guessing at best. Every year the team has to find it's chemistry and develop it's personality which usually takes a few weeks.

Why it is that people have to take everything to the extreme on this site? I don't remember saying I was going to wait to week 12 or the end of the year, so why did you?? It is this off the wall kind of debate that discourages posters from even trying to discuss things. It seems that anything that isn't coming out of left field or is an extreme view is totally discounted. Seems there is little room for a reasoned discussion or centrist view among the histrionics postings that make up the majority of this message board these days.