Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shockey toughness?

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I've always liked Shockey and i think the offense is missing his attitude and toughness. No he's not the player he once was but sometimes having a guy like Shockey in the lockerroom brings a winning mindset. The offense looked much more aggressive last season. I understand Shockey may not even wonna play at this point in his life but his presence is missed.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not being aggressive wasn't the problem. In fact, all Carolina needed to do was lame it down.....instead Chud played the "hey, watch this" offense.....

Posted · Report post

I got to agree with grits- we need a bad another bad ass te

Posted · Report post

I've always liked Shockey and i think the offense is missing his attitude and toughness. No he's not the player he once was but sometimes having a guy like Shockey in the lockerroom brings a winning mindset. The offense looked much more aggressive last season. I understand Shockey may not even wonna play at this point in his life but his presence is missed.

I miss Shockey too, but I think it's a huge reach to say his absense made a difference in how agressive the offense was in game one. Any team that needs one particular player as a cheerleader, to get 'em going, isn't gonna be a winner.

Posted · Report post

IDK about him being just a cheerleader but his attitude does wear off on his teammates. And i do agree with CRA. Some of the play calling had me questioning my drink count.

Posted · Report post

you didnt like the double reverse end around?

Posted · Report post

What I like best about Shock was the nastiness he brought to the game, the sheer tough as nails, screw-you-I'm-gonna-gut-you-on-the-line-of-scrimmage-and-laugh-while-you-bleed-out kind of attitude. I wish we had more of it.

Posted · Report post

is he tough enough to play o-line?

if not i dont care

rather have murphy on the field

Posted · Report post

He's a hell of a blocker if that what you're asking.

Posted · Report post

Tolbert could be that edgy guy on offense if our OL blocked worth a crap and we put him in a position to be.

Posted · Report post

Barnidge is no Shockey.

I hardly recognized this offense.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Agree to an extent, though I suppose his time is just up.

If they could have run the ball with any moderate degree of success they would have likely won the game. I'd also like to see an intermediate pass game develop....something that is a bit quicker to develop.