55 replies to this topic

#16 PantherTrain

PantherTrain

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Seeing how bad our O line played we beed to focus more on dink and dunk passes and short slot passes to move the chains.

#17 savage

savage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

sometimes i think that running a more conventional offense would be better for the team. the abundance of option plays that didnt work on sunday were pathetic. i appreciate chud's creativity, i am just wondering about his ability to adjust the gameplan.

#18 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

I question the oline coaches ability to make adjustments with our guys.

Our guys don't suck, but they sure did Sunday.
Why was there no answer to the bucs defense scheme as the game went on.

#19 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

• HUDDLER
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

I said it in another thread and I'll say it again here. I was jealous watching the San Fran and Green Bay game. SF runs an efficient pro style offense that keeps their D well rested.
I was really jealous watching Foxy and the Broncos beat the Steelers. (Both with good efficient pro style offenses.)
I think out o-lines strength is run blocking. Our game plan doesn't utilize it.
We have too many great running backs to abandon the run.
Cam is too good of a quarterback to be running this gimmicky college offense. I understand last year, but it's time to take off the training wheels.
This type of offense only won us 6 games last year and it only won Denver 8.
I don't miss Foxball, but I'd prefer something in between that and what we have now.

#20 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:45 PM

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

I agree. Kalil is good, Gross is in decline but average. The others are backups. This is what happens when you draft poorly

#21 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:01 PM

We are pass heavy because our offensive line is ass. It's not 2008 anymore.

Yes, blame Chud for abandoning the run, but blame the O-line just as much for crushing the guy's spirit. The line looked absolutely hopeless on Sunday. Calling up a run play was basically us giving up a down.

We are pass heavy with on OL built to still run....

Asking them to pass block and letting downfield routes to develop all game isn't playing to their strength.

Hurney and Chud are on different pages

#22 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,770 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Read the OP....but fuging really? ONE fuging game and the huddle freaks the fug out. Sure, I should expect it by now, but goddamn people. This place makes me sick after a loss.

#23 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image

#24 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

So explain to me again how Cam's opening day losses are evidence that Chud is the problem because RG3 won his opener? LOL

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,345 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

BTW, I hate this idea of attributing wins and losses to a QB... it's a total team sport.

RG3 didn't beat the Saints*, the Redskins beat the Saints*.

Cam didn't lose to the Bucs, the Panthers lost to the Bucs.

#26 TylerVagyler

TylerVagyler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

BTW, I hate this idea of attributing wins and losses to a QB... it's a total team sport.

RG3 didn't beat the Saints****, the Redskins beat the Saints****.

Cam didn't lose to the Bucs, the Panthers lost to the Bucs.

Thank you.

We lose and everyone starts pointing fingers. Every part of the team made mistakes Sunday. The offense, the defense, special teams, and the coaching staff. Everyone contributed, some more than others though.

My overall take from the game:

We just got punched in the mouth. We didn't expect what Tampa brought and we could never fully adjust to it on the offensive side of the ball. Cam didn't play spectacular but considering the lack of protection and running game, he did good. The defense did well in their adjustments and finished strong.

The season isn't doomed because of this loss. We still have a lot of talent on the team and they believe in themselves. I expect them to move on and focus on the Saints** and play a close game.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

Brian Murphy is the problem.
McDermott is the Problem.
RR is the problem.
Hurney is the problem.
JR is the problem.

#28 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

I WANT YOUR OPINION FELLAS. QUOTE ME

I think we were off tempo from the begining. We were playing a team tough to gameplan against, also being placed in an un familiar place to prepare. We got down early and our offense was limited in possesion time.

I just feel that we are using our personel incorrectly. Put a fullback in front of DW and the guy can produce.. When we try to run out of shotgun the Oline just cant get that serge. Plus play action would be deadly, especially with Cam. When we constantly run out of shot gun we take that dimension away and we become fairely predictable.
Its like chud is trying to be tricky. We have the personel to run the ball, so quit trying to hide it and impose our will and pound that damn rock!!

#29 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

I don't know a lot about football, nor do I claim to be an expert, I shoot a lot of sports, and just like Zod, I get a feel for the game. I watched that same offensive coordinator make the same mistakes for 5 years, the coaches left and went to a bigger school, and that offense got exposed, getting the offensive coordinator fired. He made the same mistakes in the next league.

I personally think it is just trying to be too cute. Trying to hide what we are going to do, not trying to show too much, we looked bad most of the preseason, and this first game just continues that trend.

The Jets who showed nothing this preseason, busted out with a high point scoring strategy. The Falcons scored a lot in preseason and continued that trend in the first game.

I am not trying to fire Chud, but I want you all to look objectively at what you saw in the Titans game last season and this preseason, and tell me that you were hoping for more of the same. Our most exciting drive this preseason, was a Clausen to Murphy touchdown. We were competitive last season, when they claim Cam knew only some of the playbook he broke records; know with full knowledge of the playbook, we rush for 10 yards.

Something smells fishy. Fox and his offensive coordinator have gone thru Orton, The Golden Calf of Bristol, and now Manning, and have seemingly changed their offense 3 different times to accommodate each qb's style.

If you look at cam's numbers in college and in the pro's most of his wins came when he passed for less than 20 times a game. It's not about attempts with Cam its about efficiency.

Just think about it!

Food for thought, Our offense is ranked #22nd in total yards and our defense is ranked #5th.

#30 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,275 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:19 PM

Yep, Cam an make mindblowingy good throws. Chud wants Cam throwing 30-35times, running 8....and being the entire O. He asks too much....eventually bad things happen.

Once Chud realizes this one man offense he is riding only generates stats and not wins....we will be better. or Chud just leaves. We need to run and let them be playmakers and let C do his part...

But I disagree with many...I don't think he is a genius. I think Chuds approach has been lazy. (bash me if you want)....for the most part Chud's master plan has been for Cam to do just about everything. I get the temptation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com