Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pstall

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

366 posts in this topic

So the heck with it. Our leaders are both going stupid but I kinda wanna try something here. Short of going to war (which would be a bad idea to end bad ideas mixed in with a little clusterduck) how would you respond? Me and a friend we looking at it last night and we both came to the conclusion that this stuff is going to keep going until they see how we respond. a few options came up with no involving a war would be.

1 Issue shoot to kill orders to for anyone crossing the walls into a US embassy. (Not my first choice as the host government would get pissed) But it would stop the whole storming the embassy thing.

2 Strip military aid. We have the best toys when it comes to aircraft and armor on the market. Egpt is scared Shirtless of Isreal/ tell em they get no new weapons for each year the walls are breached and see how many nights it happens.

3 Remove ALL funding - we give Eygpt a little over 1 billion in cash each year. If we take that off the books they will lose the ability to fund large portons of their government. Only Issue is that you take take much money away and people start doing nutty things. Plus then what do we have to bargin with?

Let me know what you guys come up with. Could be more intresting than the white house race that everybody is already tired of.

This is the start. This is really really really really bad. I have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is the end game folks.

This is the start. This is really really really really bad. I have a very sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. This is the end game folks.

elaborate plz? what end game?

Everyone still under the impression the problem is with a youtube movie?

elaborate plz? what end game?

I'm not exactly sure. This could be the coup de grace of PNAC, or a manufactured start to WWW3. I'm not exactly sure, but this is only going to get worse. This isn't going to just go away into obscurity. We are going to be forced to act, and whether that was all part of the plan is debatable. I don't know exactly where this is heading, but no course looks very good.

Everyone still under the impression the problem is with a youtube movie?

no, the problem is years of off-handed oppression and manipulation by the east, west and everyone in between combined with a serious case of religious fundamentalism...

i don't think anybody with half a brain thinks a movie is the "problem" as you put it.

it was probably just the anniversary of 9/11 that set them off amirite?

I'm not exactly sure. This could be the coup de grace of PNAC, or a manufactured start to WWW3. I'm not exactly sure, but this is only going to get worse. This isn't going to just go away into obscurity. We are going to be forced to act, and whether that was all part of the plan is debatable. I don't know exactly where this is heading, but no course looks very good.

i don't know that we can act... nothing good can come from us doing anything but defending our people/pulling them out while killing as few people as possible...i think we're seeing a tipping point in the middle east... whether or not these fledgling governments bow to this kind of insanity or represent the quiet majorities...

might be seeing the beginnings of a tipping point for "cultural" islam.

(i think the concept of PNAC as policy died with bush and Iraq.)

So the heck with it. Our leaders are both going stupid but I kinda wanna try something here. Short of going to war (which would be a bad idea to end bad ideas mixed in with a little clusterduck) how would you respond? Me and a friend we looking at it last night and we both came to the conclusion that this stuff is going to keep going until they see how we respond. a few options came up with no involving a war would be.

1 Issue shoot to kill orders to for anyone crossing the walls into a US embassy. (Not my first choice as the host government would get pissed) But it would stop the whole storming the embassy thing.

2 Strip military aid. We have the best toys when it comes to aircraft and armor on the market. Egpt is scared Shirtless of Isreal/ tell em they get no new weapons for each year the walls are breached and see how many nights it happens.

3 Remove ALL funding - we give Eygpt a little over 1 billion in cash each year. If we take that off the books they will lose the ability to fund large portons of their government. Only Issue is that you take take much money away and people start doing nutty things. Plus then what do we have to bargin with?

Let me know what you guys come up with. Could be more intresting than the white house race that everybody is already tired of.

We're kind of in a damned-if-u-do, damned-if-u-don't deal here... sure we can protect our embassies more... and I'm sure they're in the process of doing that now...

Stop military aid... maybe, but I guess it's preferable to be on good terms with these governments, even if their populace is slightly crazy. Same thing with the aid $... I don't like giving that money away esp to these countries like Egypt and Pakistan, where you pretty much know it's not being used for it's intended purpose, but rather lining the pockets of politicians, military guys and often times being used directly back against us with terrorist groups... but again, what other incentive do these people have to deal with us at all? They hate us, they'd rather kill us, but we pretty much have to communicate with them... bombing the poo out of them, as good as that may make people feel, would just kill a bunch of innocents and not really do anything but make them hate us more.

As much as I would like to say... let's do this and this... I don't really know what the best course of action is at this point other than protect our people, and try to calm the situation down.