Photo
- - - - -

Meanwhile it's getting freaky in Egypt and Libya.

• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#16 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

Why is every action Middle Eastern countries perform religious, but everything we do over there is political?

Get a good chunk of conservatives where they thinks no one can hear, and they'll admit the one reason we can never go against Israel is that the Jews are God's chosen people and we'd be punished for doing so.

Arab politicians know what every politician in the Deep South does: religion is a cheap, easy way to unite and control the poor, uneducated masses.

#17 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:50 AM

aannnndd Delhommey throws in his religous bigotry hat when no one has mentioned religion.

#18 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:54 AM

Please go find a small child to show you the "CTRL + F" feature on your computer

#19 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,945 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

Why is every action Middle Eastern countries perform religious, but everything we do over there is political?

Get a good chunk of conservatives where they thinks no one can hear, and they'll admit the one reason we can never go against Israel is that the Jews are God's chosen people and we'd be punished for doing so.

Arab politicians know what every politician in the Deep South does: religion is a cheap, easy way to unite and control the poor, uneducated masses.

Maybe because of the fact that the protestors themselves said it was religious?

In place of the U.S. flag, the protesters tried to raise a black flag with the words "There is no God but God, and Mohammad is his messenger", a Reuters witness said.

Once the U.S. flag was hauled down, some protesters tore it up and showed off pieces to television cameras. Others burned the remains outside the fortress-like embassy building in central Cairo. But some protesters objected to the flag burning.
Many Muslims consider any depiction of the Prophet to be offensive.

"This movie must be banned immediately and an apology should be made," said 19-year-old Ismail Mahmoud, a member of the so-called "ultras" soccer supporters who played a big role in the uprising that brought down Hosni Mubarak last year.

http://www.reuters.c...120911?irpc=932

I guess the thing I don't get, particularly in Libya, is why our embassy was only guarded by private local security?

They did say on TV this morning that the Libyan guards fought it out with the attackers, but I don't get why we don't have at minimum secret service level security. I get it that you don't want to make an embassy look like an armed camp or a fort, but there should be reasonable security for our people.

#20 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,886 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

Stuff like this makes me move more and more away from organized religion.

#21 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,611 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

Maybe because of the fact that the protestors themselves said it was religious?

http://www.reuters.c...120911?irpc=932

I guess the thing I don't get, particularly in Libya, is why our embassy was only guarded by private local security?

They did say on TV this morning that the Libyan guards fought it out with the attackers, but I don't get why we don't have at minimum secret service level security. I get it that you don't want to make an embassy look like an armed camp or a fort, but there should be reasonable security for our people.

Fwiw, it wasn't the embassy. It was a consulate. Consulates usually have less security.

That being said, the president should order upgrades to security at all US embassies and consulates throughout the area. And not private security either. More Marines should be added.

Edited to add: The US is deploying additional Marines to the US embassy in Libya.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Seems there's a picture circulating with Ambassador Stevens' body being carried.

#23 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,609 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

So you mean to tell me that those Al Qaeda members that we armed and provided no fly zones for so that they could topple their governments aren't behaving? I'm shocked!!

#24 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:24 AM

predictable Republicans acting like morons this morning.

#25 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

Assholes have gone Mogadishu with the bodies of our american ambassadors and others.

#26 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,945 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:28 AM

Fwiw, it wasn't the embassy. It was a consulate. Consulates usually have less security.

That being said, the president should order upgrades to security at all US embassies and consulates throughout the area. And not private security either. More Marines should be added.

Edited to add: The US is deploying additional Marines to the US embassy in Libya.

Sorry, it was a consulate... they were reporting "embassy" on TV this morning.

Who and how?

#27 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,389 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Is he a republican?

http://en.wikipedia....ens_(ambassador)

MMM...just so you know. This is the first US ambassador that has been killed since...guess when...1979.

Removed picture...just because I don't think it's necessary to use it to rub in Gazi's face.

#28 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

no wonder you're losing. going down the pooter with this behavior

#29 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,798 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

Who and how?

Romney. RNC Chairman.. When you tell protesters that the POTUS is agreeing with you in what you're doing when storming the embassy, what do you think the protesters would do? They'll go after another.

I swear, I'm starting to think more and more that these people hate Obama so much that they'll put anyone at risk to score some cheap heat that will eventually backfire on anyone

#30 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,945 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:38 AM

Romney. RNC Chairman.. When you tell protesters that the POTUS is agreeing with you in what you're doing when storming the embassy, what do you think the protesters would do? They'll go after another.

I swear, I'm starting to think more and more that these people hate Obama so much that they'll put anyone at risk to score some cheap heat that will eventually backfire on anyone

I was thinking you were talking about someone on here... you got a link for Romney's comments? I haven't seen those yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com