Photo
- - - - -

Cam still struggling with footwork

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

#31 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:06 PM

Bath salts

Meth or coke?

#32 Khaki Lackey

Khaki Lackey

I keeps it real

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Mechanics are overrated. If I could effortlessly sling the ball 60 yards off my back foot, I would.
Hell,If you told me I could throw girls fastpitch softball style and complete 70% in the NFL, sign me up for that too.

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

That seems like a smidge of an overreaction.

said only because he's reaching for a reaction. one of the guys that shouldn't be taken seriously.

#34 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:35 PM

Pretty liberal use of the word "struggling" in my opinion, and they only cited on play. Honestly, the decision to throw the ball was worse than his footwork.

This type of analysis is really getting out of hand. I can find a throw from every QB in every week of the season that wasn't technically sound. Sometimes you get caught, sometimes you don't. Eli Manning did this all the way to a superbowl.

Why not bring up the TD to Smith against the Saints* last year? That was awful footwork but it scored a TD.

#35 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:40 PM

The issue with both Cam and Chud in the Bucs game is simple.....the LOVE the big play.

Chud was calling plays with deep pass patterns....and Cam LOVES to throw the deep ball.

Both should have shortened up the passing game given our complete lack of a running game.

#36 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:42 PM

critic's got to reach for something.

cam's grown as a passer in all aspects. one play in one game means just that...it was one play in one game. you can't base growth or a lack of growth on that.

crappy article and not because it busts on my QB. it's crap because of the sample size. he's cherry picking to try and prove a point...that cam is heading into his sophomore slump which i suspect he (the author) is only too happy to see ushered in.

#37 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

HUDDLER

Posted 12 September 2012 - 03:40 PM

yeah cam should show patience when he has 2-3 defenders in the backfield for a majority of the game

This. Quarterbacks do not play well when interior linemen leave 1-2 defenders unblocked on a fair number of plays.