32 replies to this topic

#1 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:48 PM

just want to lighten the mood a little before kickoff tomorrow with something i found while surfing the internet

22. Panthers
Best pick: QB Chris Weinke. This is exactly where TSN had Weinke slotted to go (44). It's a pick with great value for the Panthers. With his maturity, it's possible Weinke might start some as a rookie.

Worst pick: WR Steve Smith. He isn't ready to contribute at receiver, and it's doubtful he will wrestle the kickoff-return chores from Michael Bates. The Panthers spent a third-round pick on a punt returner.

Bottom line: Linebacker Dan Morgan gives the Panthers two things they lacked a year ago -- speed and playmaking ability on defense. Aside from Morgan and Weinke, this was a mediocre draft. Grade: C+

http://www.greenspun...l?msg_id=0055eT

I don't know who this guy is but i hope he doesn't do this for a living

#2 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Well...Weinke was mature, they got that part right.

#3 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,333 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

pretty much all of his worst picks ending up becoming all-pros

#4 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

29. Colts

Best pick: S Idrees Bashir. The Colts have been unhappy with their secondary situation the past couple of years. Bashir, who covers plenty of ground in the deep third, will be an upgrade.

Worst pick: WR Reggie Wayne. He's a solid player, but there really isn't much upside here. The Colts need someone to complement Marvin Harrison; Chad Johnson was that guy.

lol

#5 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 06:56 PM

Steve Smith has the potential to be the first true Panther Hall of Famer

#6 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

I like the part where he said Matt Millen couldn't have done any better with the Lions draft.

#7 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,048 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

DERP, WHY NUT HURNEY DRFT ALL DEM GUD PLAYRS?!?!? IT IZ OBVIUS WICH ONES WILL BE GUD!!

#8 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

DERP, WHY NUT HURNEY DRFT ALL DEM GUD PLAYRS?!?!? IT IZ OBVIUS WICH ONES WILL BE GUD!!

Hurney did not draft this class. He was not hired as GM until 2002.

#9 FalconDoucheBag

FalconDoucheBag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Steve Smith has the potential to be the first true Panther Hall of Famer

It's truly unfortunate, that a player of his caliber is stuck on a treadmill team.

#10 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,433 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

5. Redskins

Best pick: CB Fred Smoot. He was the top cover player on some draft boards, so the Redskins were shocked he was still available in Round 2. It's possible that Smoot will be relegated to a dime role as a rookie.

Worst pick: QB Sage Rosenfels. Marty Schottenheimer was hoping he would land Chris Weinke but settled for Rosenfels. Adding a young arm is good, but Jesse Palmer and Mike McMahon are better.

Bottom line: The team had plenty of needs to address, but taking receiver Rod Gardner in the first round was a good decision. Often compared to Cris Carter, Gardner should fit well with QB Jeff George. Grade: A-

Fred Smoot? Rod Gardener? Jeff George? Roflllllololollllltrololplollilolllllllllll

That was good for the soul right there.

#11 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,278 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:27 PM

It's truly unfortunate, that a player of his caliber is stuck on a treadmill team.

Kinda like Keith Brooking with the Falcons, eh? Good thing he got the hell out of there.

#12 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,528 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

Although I hate the patroits this made me laugh..................

Worst pick: G Matt Light. He isn't a bad player, but the Patriots didn't need to trade up to get him. He will help fix some pass-protection problems on the interior, but was he worth wasting two picks?

#13 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

I remember this was the first draft that I watched. I remember everyone getting excited over Warren and Lewis as the next Warren Sapp. It is awesome going back over ten years ago, and hearing names you haven't heard in a while.

#14 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Patriots

Best pick: OT Kenyatta Jones. The Patriots used their time on Saturday night wisely and moved up to get this underrated tackle with the opening pick on the second day.

Worst pick: G Matt Light. He isn't a bad player, but the Patriots didn't need to trade up to get him. He will help fix some pass-protection problems on the interior, but was he worth wasting two picks?

lol Jones did nothing in the NFL, I think he ended up in the arena league or something and Light a top end left tackle for many years , multiple pro bowls

lol

#15 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

Isn't this also the Brady draft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.