22 replies to this topic

#1 mrford

mrford

Chupacabra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:10 PM

I had no clue who this dude was when we drafted him and I paid him little attention, and I will admit that I know little of what he did last week. However, watching the game this week I can say I am a fan. He has made a few plays, and that is great, but that isn't even the best part. I like the fire he plays with. After he makes a play he sometimes reminds me of smitty. He plays with a passion that we could use in our secondary. We have some players back there, bu havnt had a passionate player back there in a while, and one that passionate showing promise as a rookie, I'm a bit excited.

I know I could be talking out my ass, but this is how I see it.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,140 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:14 PM

He's so mean and aggressive something we need.

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,566 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

He's like Richard Marshall, but can cover.

#4 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I've been impressed, but man that blown coverage really changed this game. Our D was in control, now we are passive and in react mode.

#5 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:25 PM

I read an article on him at the Panthers NFL website.... he said b4 the draft he had set goals for himself, wanted to be a starter his 1st season. The kid has his head screwed on tight and looks to be the kind of corner the Panthers sorely need.... one with a chip on his shoulder.

#6 Irv

Irv

Winner Best New Huddler

• HUDDLER
  • 3,438 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:26 PM

he slipped

#7 mrford

mrford

Chupacabra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:29 PM

I've been impressed, but man that blown coverage really changed this game. Our D was in control, now we are passive and in react mode.

Blown coverage? He slipped, as a rookie, in a game it has been raining the entire game. I have seen a dozen slips before his mistake, I will not blame him for that. It sucks yes, but a slip on a cut is a slip on a cut.

#8 mrford

mrford

Chupacabra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

You want to see something called blown coverage, watch smittys 56 yard reception that just happened. That was blown coverage, Josh normans slip was just a rookie mintake on a blown call. The plays he has made on the goal line by far cover that.

#9 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:33 PM

Blown coverage? He slipped, as a rookie, in a game it has been raining the entire game. I have seen a dozen slips before his mistake, I will not blame him for that. It sucks yes, but a slip on a cut is a slip on a cut.

Slipping is bad. When you slip, you blow your coverage. I don't understand the purpose of your post- I simply made an accurate observation. I didn't attack him. I even said I have been impressed with him.

#10 mrford

mrford

Chupacabra

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 02:39 PM

I guess I have a different definition of a blown coverage. He was on him like white on rice untill he sliped. It isn't like he completely blew the coverage and made the wrong read. You sound like a douche and I am drunk, so say what you will, I still like Norman like a mofo

#11 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Norman played great! Locked up Colston the entire game. Outside of the slip is was darn near perfect game for him!

#12 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

yes, I'm glad he had a great game..

#13 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:17 PM

people saying things they dont even know what they mean. he played pretty good coverage on a tough C route to cover before he slipped.

#14 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

How did he end up in the backfield on that run play? It looked like he came right up the middle.

#15 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,151 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:24 PM

I wouldn't exactly call it blown coverage. He slipped/tripped to the ground which left Colston open. Up to that point, Colston had only 1 catch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.