Discuss.

#2 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:18 PM

The final drive.... As in THE final drive that involved taking a knee? Yea. I agree. Smartest play call for the situation

#3 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,055 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:19 PM

I would never give the Saints* any chance period

#4 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,758 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:21 PM

yes...we made them use both time outs and could not risk stopping the clock with an incomplete pass. We had to run, run, run up the middle. Protect the ball and use as much clock as possible. A fumble would have been a disaster.

The drive before that, however, where we started with 7min left, and only used 2min on a 3 and out, was total poo.

#5 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,160 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:22 PM

I wouldn't say it was the smartest playcalling, it was the safest and it was effective. I would've liked better run plays designed to pick up tht 1st down, but of course you risk the chances of fumbling. We won the game so I'm good.

#6 OBXPantha

OBXPantha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

I understand run, but why did we have to run up the middle where all their men were stacked? At least try to get a first down.

#7 schado

schado

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTinker AFB, Oklahoma

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

I understand run, but why did we have to run up the middle where all their men were stacked? At least try to get a first down.

I think the same way. Maybe a little more of that killer instinct, to put the game away with a final offensive effort. Better to do that than give Brees another shot. Thankfully, it didn't turn out that way today and things worked out for us.

#8 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:34 PM

Was this the first football game for some of you? Of course you run up the middle.

#9 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,758 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:37 PM

protect the football, force them to use the timeouts. that's your only option.

#10 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

It's kind of like an offensive version of prevent defense.... you play it close to the vest and hope you don't lose

#11 HardcoreDefense

HardcoreDefense

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:44 PM

The drive before the last one, Chud had decided to pass on 3rd and 3 on our own 35. Which was a horrible call. So I was surprised to see him call all run plays on the last drive. Play calling on the final drive was okay instead of dumb and risky.

#12 OBXPantha

OBXPantha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:45 PM

Was this the first football game for some of you? Of course you run up the middle.

Why? Up the middle you have 5 guys trying to strip the ball. The same amount of time runs off the clock running around the side. Probably more. And since they didn't have anyone over there we may even get a first down and not give them the ball back. So again, why does it HAVE to be up the middle.

#13 Monkz

Monkz

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:46 PM

protect the football, force them to use the timeouts. that's your only option.

^^
This.

#14 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

On that last scoring drive...that deep pass to Smitty was MADE this season. Same (kind of) pass was missed last year. People had a cow thinking we should have run with a lead in the fourth, said that play call cost us the game. This time...it helped win us the game.

Gutsy play calling by Chud. Exceptional game by Cam. The 3 runs on that last drive were effective, but I was certainly getting a bit anxious.

#15 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,758 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

Why? Up the middle you have 5 guys trying to strip the ball. The same amount of time runs off the clock running around the side. Probably more. And since they didn't have anyone over there we may even get a first down and not give them the ball back. So again, why does it HAVE to be up the middle.

because you can cover up the ball with both arms and a tuck. when you run outside, the ball is more exposed and can be stripped more easily. The important thing is to burn up their opportunity, which is stored in the timeouts. Get rid of those, and their chances go way down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.