While certainly a more sizable investment, I think this is a better one than escalators or WI-FI in the stadium.
Panthers practiced in the convention center Tuesday, not sure about Monday, but this is already a short week.
Some interesting stats poached from a Redskins forum (cannot attest to their accuracy):
- 13 of last 14 Super Bowl participants had their own indoor practice facility.
- Last 8 Super Bowl winners had their own indoor practice facility.
- Last 6 Super Bowl winners had a fixed structure indoor practice facility (not a bubble).
- All 12 teams to make playoffs last season used their own indoor practice facility.
- 2010 teams who practiced using their own indoor full-field training facility had a median win total of 10 (10-6 record).
- 2010 teams who practiced outdoors had a median win total of 6 (6-10 record).
- 2010 teams who practiced indoors at own training facility averaged 4 more wins in 2010, compared to those who did not.
- 2010 teams who practiced outdoors and were not located in Florida or California, had the following records: 6-10 (Redskins), 6-10 (Cowboys), 5-11 (Cardinals), 4-12 (Bengals), 4-12 (Broncos), 2-14 (Panthers).