Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jerry Rice just took Cam over Steve Young

50 posts in this topic

Posted

I love how Cam has converted a lot of "Cam haters" by getting to their kids. This seems to have happened a lot.

1 person likes this

Posted

I should hope he's better than Steve Young. Steve Young is so old.

Posted

typical falcons fan: doesn't realize they are a historically worse franchise than we are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Posted

I love me some Jerry Rice

Posted

first off, Steve Young is an asshole. Yea he was awesome at football, but that guy trully sucks at everything else.

Cam Newton is 23 years old and is treading in unprecedented waters. Having everything a pro QB would want or need to be the best, along with the charisma and confidence to not buckle under the growing pressure of everyone having his number.

Just last night my girlfriend comes home and the first thing out of her mouth was "im SO excited for tomorrow night!"... I was shocked she even knew the Panthers were playing. She then says "I used to not care about the Panthers, but for some reason I do now. Maybe its Cam that I like, or maybe because they are relevent again."

What Cam has done to this team and fanbase in one year is incredible and I can understand why Jerry Rice would take him over Young... Either way, I think Marty and the suits need to be thinking extension after this year and ultimately give the kid anything he wants.

Posted

I still haven't seen a source, a google search shows nothing.

where is the source OP

It was just on ESPN when they were talking about the panthers vs giants. I'm at work so I can't really go find a video of it.

Posted

Killa Cam future GOAT

Posted

Never understood the hate that Jerry Rice had for Steve Young. Every time he gets asked "Would you take ______ over Steve Young?!" He always seems to answer that he would take the other guy. The lack of respect Young got from the San Fransisco area while he was playing, is no comparison to the lack of respect that Jerry Rice has for him.

Posted

It's cause he's black!

Posted

Kinda hard for anybody to follow Joe Montana

Posted

I love cam but let's win a superbowl first before we start picking cam over hall of famers.

Jerry's entitled to his opinion.

1 person likes this