#46 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

I was thinking the same thing.

A little too kind for me.

It feels funny to me to have so many people agreeing with me.

In the past I was the crazy guy in the corner with the tin foil hat for calling him out. I wasn't a "FAN". I was not an NFL GM so I needed to shut my mouth.

Good times.

#47 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,585 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:02 AM

And now you're the "I told you so" guy.

Everybody loves that guy.

#48 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

And now you're the "I told you so" guy.

Everybody loves that guy.

Nope. Have not really done any of that.

Just saying that it feels weird to have people agreeing with me on this matter instead of saying that I am not a fan, and that I needed to shut up.

I am happy that the Panther fans are starting to get fed up with the mediocre ways of our franchise and are saying something about it.

No need to gloat about it.

#49 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

The article didn't go into details about all of the late round bust Hurney drafted during his time here. You earn your money as a GM with late round picks. So far Hurney has been a complete failure in that department.

#50 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:55 PM

Gantt's take on this article via twitter:

"Been asked about Grantland Hurney piece. I think lacks context in spots, but it's what you get when you fart in church."

"lacks context" sums up my feelings about it.

Darin's been a Hurney apologist going back years

#51 fitty76

fitty76

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Darin's been a Hurney apologist going back years

What do you expect from the Charlotte media? I lost complete respect for them when they trashed Keyshawn Johnson only AFTER he was cut. Where were all these Keyshawn is a clubhouse cancer articles while he was playing?

#52 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,638 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:28 PM

When Fox was fired I had hoped and said they should have gotten rid of Hurney, too. Article seems to indicate JR didn't want to pay Hurney's salary and pay another GM too (which I can believe after JR's comments about paying out Fox and another head coach too, dooming us to a lame duck season). Yippee.

#53 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, after reading all of the decisions presented in the article, I got a little sick to my stomach. How does this guy have a job still?

#54 iampantherman

iampantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

When Fox was fired I had hoped and said they should have gotten rid of Hurney, too. Article seems to indicate JR didn't want to pay Hurney's salary and pay another GM too (which I can believe after JR's comments about paying out Fox and another head coach too, dooming us to a lame duck season). Yippee.

Yeah, JR is a crotchety old miser; Hurney isn't qualified to wipe his own ass, and Rivera seems to be unsure of where he even is on gameday. A trifecta of glory if there ever was one! Go Panthers!

#55 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:07 PM

This guy will be interviewed on The Mac Attack on WFNZ tomorrow morning.

#56 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:40 PM

While I don't doubt that JR didn't like the idea of paying two coaches salaries for a year, I wonder how much he liked paying Jake to QB the Cleavland Browns, or Williams to be underutilized as a RB or any of the other numerous examples of terribly expensive decisions noted in that article.

Point being, JR would be miles ahead right now if he just cut his losses with Hurney and they parted ways.

A new GM might not have a lot of leeway until some of these contracts run their course, but in the meantime the Panthers can start the healing process and not worry about more knuckle headed contracts hitting their bottom line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com