Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are PSL's a Catch 22?

42 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes they helped us win the franchise...that being said are they bad for the consumer though?

Jerry Richardson has a sell out every week no matter the crowd makeup or capacity...fans aren't prone to walk away from an investment so their voice cannot truly be heard when mediocrity run a muck. Don't show up...He gets paid....sell your tix to opposing fans....he gets paid.....go to the playoffs....still gets paid.

I think people leaving at halftime is the only way they can voice their opinion about the product on the field. I wouldn't want to spend my hard earned money to witness on a consistent basis what was out there last night.

2 people like this

Posted

If I went the only reason I would have stayed is because the weather was great. The product on the field sure wasn't worth staying over.

Posted

So long as there is revenue sharing, no owner will ever feel any pressure.

Posted

I don't believe JR when he says he cares about football, winning, or the fans. All he cares about is making a profit and PSLs are just an easier way for him to accomplish this. No need to worry about fielding a competent team if the PSLs are going to be sold every season regardless. The only thing he's worried about is maintaining the status quo. He quit playing football over not getting a $1000 raise. He's not a football enthusiast, he's a restaurant owner. What does he care about success on the field? All he cares about is success in his bank account. The man is completely fraudulent.

1 person likes this

Posted

You are right, they are a Catch-22. As a Cubs fan, I've been seeing this happen for years. if people keep showing up, who cares? When you can sell out a stadium with half the fans routing for the other team, why care?

Posted

Its too bad the Hornets starting the smoke fires in the early 90's already about the Coliseum not having enough luxury boxes. Scaring the city of Charlotte from investing money into the stadium and PSLs becoming the only way to fund the project. Ultimately, true Panther fans are the ones that end up paying the price.

1 person likes this

Posted

This ... again ....

Posted

I don't know. It's a tough call because if it weren't for the PSL I think the stands would be in even worse shape.

You can go to any game and pick up cheap to reasonably priced tickets and people still don't go. If they had to try to sell out that place with a combination of yearly season tickets and weekly sales they'd be screwed.

1 person likes this

Posted

If they had to try to sell out that place with a combination of yearly season tickets and weekly sales they'd be screwed.

Or be forced to put a quality competitive product on the field every year

Posted

CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ

Posted

Or be forced to put a quality competitive product on the field every year

I don't believe they aren't trying. I just don't know whether they know how.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I had a a super profitable business where success and accountability were not required I would run a very conservative operation