• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

Yes they helped us win the franchise...that being said are they bad for the consumer though?

Jerry Richardson has a sell out every week no matter the crowd makeup or capacity...fans aren't prone to walk away from an investment so their voice cannot truly be heard when mediocrity run a muck. Don't show up...He gets paid....sell your tix to opposing fans....he gets paid.....go to the playoffs....still gets paid.

I think people leaving at halftime is the only way they can voice their opinion about the product on the field. I wouldn't want to spend my hard earned money to witness on a consistent basis what was out there last night.

#2 YoMoney

YoMoney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

If I went the only reason I would have stayed is because the weather was great. The product on the field sure wasn't worth staying over.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:40 PM

So long as there is revenue sharing, no owner will ever feel any pressure.

#4 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I don't believe JR when he says he cares about football, winning, or the fans. All he cares about is making a profit and PSLs are just an easier way for him to accomplish this. No need to worry about fielding a competent team if the PSLs are going to be sold every season regardless. The only thing he's worried about is maintaining the status quo. He quit playing football over not getting a $1000 raise. He's not a football enthusiast, he's a restaurant owner. What does he care about success on the field? All he cares about is success in his bank account. The man is completely fraudulent.

#5 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

You are right, they are a Catch-22. As a Cubs fan, I've been seeing this happen for years. if people keep showing up, who cares? When you can sell out a stadium with half the fans routing for the other team, why care?

#6 ElkinPanthersFan

ElkinPanthersFan

Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:43 PM

Its too bad the Hornets starting the smoke fires in the early 90's already about the Coliseum not having enough luxury boxes. Scaring the city of Charlotte from investing money into the stadium and PSLs becoming the only way to fund the project. Ultimately, true Panther fans are the ones that end up paying the price.

#7 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

This ... again ....

#8 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:45 PM

I don't know. It's a tough call because if it weren't for the PSL I think the stands would be in even worse shape.

You can go to any game and pick up cheap to reasonably priced tickets and people still don't go. If they had to try to sell out that place with a combination of yearly season tickets and weekly sales they'd be screwed.

#9 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

If they had to try to sell out that place with a combination of yearly season tickets and weekly sales they'd be screwed.

Or be forced to put a quality competitive product on the field every year

#10 YoMoney

YoMoney

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

CRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZ

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,261 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Or be forced to put a quality competitive product on the field every year

I don't believe they aren't trying. I just don't know whether they know how.

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,956 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

If I had a a super profitable business where success and accountability were not required I would run a very conservative operation

#13 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,060 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

If they had to try to sell out that place with a combination of yearly season tickets and weekly sales they'd be screwed.

That was the OP's point, bro. Why should JR bother trying if the money still comes in?

#14 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,656 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

As one of the aforementioned suckers.... I will unequivocally answer "Yes" to the question at hand.

Now, as hindsight usually works, had I known tickets would be available to purchase for virtually every game on every street corner surrounding the stadium at a reduced rate, I would have never made the investment. Who cares about sitting in the same seat every game? Who cares about being at every game?

I'd much rather watch from my couch, which I do more often now. I attended 3 games last season and have yet to decide about which I might attend this season. I'll dump the tickets in a second if someone wants them for a price. This is likely my last year with the PSLs and I wrote the financial impact off years ago, so it matters little if I simply refuse to renew or sell them back to the organization at a significantly reduced rate.

There are those who will criticize me for owning the seats and not attending... but you know what- I really don't care anymore. My wife and I attended every game we could for 15 years. She missed 3 games and I missed 5 or 6 over those years. So, for those about to throw darts because I don't use my seats as much- blow me. The PSL's were advertised and touted as an investment. If that's the case, I usually bail out of bad investments.

#15 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,359 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

I don't believe they aren't trying. I just don't know whether they know how.

This has always been my theory.

Not sure Hurney knows how to win consistently in the NFL. Has not shown it in 10 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com