Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

14.1%

148 posts in this topic

If I want to appease everyone, why am I about to tell you to suck it? Suck it.

I could care less what you say seeing as your opinion is irrelevant you're just anther asstard liberal.

Not to mention anyone sucking it would need a microscope to find it and a pair of micro tweezers to hold it.

Crap you've found my one weakness. Comebacks.

I bet he shouted Git R Done dropped his keyboard like a mic and walked out of the room victorious

I bet he shouted Git R Done dropped his keyboard like a mic and walked out of the room victorious

If you're talking about me you couldn't be more wrong, I hate rednecks almost as much as I hate Liberals.... Always with the NASCAR and Budweiser those stupid SOBs they are only conservatives because there racist. (Same reason African Americans vote for Obama)

Example I bet you KT voted for Obama because he is black.

Mormons are required by Commandment of God to pay 10% of all their GROSS income to the LDS church. This includes all income - including: employment, unemployment insurance, student loans, pell grant checks, Social Security income, Medicare, foodstamps, trust funds and any other form of income, even including finding money on the ground.

http://mormoncurtain...g_section1.html

And what happens if they don't pay it? Does the church send thugs to beat it out of them? Do they have to go to church jail? If none of that happens, its voluntary.

There are a lot of things that my wife's church requires by commandment of god her to do. She does some of them. She has had some visits from the church deacons, but they have yet to force her to do anything.

1 person likes this

And what happens if they don't pay it? Does the church send thugs to beat it out of them? Do they have to go to church jail? If none of that happens, its voluntary.

There are a lot of things that my wife's church requires by commandment of god her to do. She does some of them. She has had some visits from the church deacons, but they have yet to force her to do anything.

What happens if Romney doesn't pay his share to the Church of Mormon? He doesn't get their support and the millions they pour into his political causes and PACs. Completely crippling his campaign and aspirations.

If you're talking about me you couldn't be more wrong, I hate rednecks almost as much as I hate Liberals.... Always with the NASCAR and Budweiser those stupid SOBs they are only conservatives because there racist. (Same reason African Americans vote for Obama)

Example I bet you KT voted for Obama because he is black.

I bet he voted for Kerry because he's black, too.

I bet he voted for Kerry because he's black, too.

I bet he didn't vote in 04'.

I'll also like to note that I voted for Kerry in 04' because I believed him to be better suited he was far more moderate than liberal (that's as a registered Republican) GB was bad for our country just like Obama is.

...there racist. (Same reason African Americans vote for Obama)

You really avoided the point with your reply, so I'll rephrase it.

If 90%+ of black people voted for Obama because "they're racist," why do you think 90%+ of black people voted for Kerry? And Gore? And Clinton?

There's no significant difference in the % that they voted for Democrats in previous elections and the past election, so why is it suddenly racist?

Or could it be that they voted for Obama, the Democrat, like they do every single time, because they feel the party better represents them, and in fact you're the one who's racist for trying to explain away their rationale as "they're racist" as if they're incapable of deciding for themselves who to vote for based on political issues?

That's wrong. The 10% figure is from the old testament where it's instructed jews tithe 10% to their synagogue. The New Testament does not instruct Christians to tithe 10%, it talks about the importance of giving and says you should give as you are able. That is a far cry from "You must pay the Church of Mormon or go to hell."

If you'd like to know anything else about your religion there are plenty of atheists here to tell you.

So your thinking is that the Jews are the only ones that are supposed to tithe? You and the rest of the atheists please weigh in. I like hearing more insights into scripture from those who do not believe.

It is true that the New Testament does no longer quote "tithe" which means "a tenth" but most biblical scholars think there is actually a greater calling on the church now than in thte Old Testament. Most scholars will tell you that a tenth is a minimum and that the greater your gains, the greater your offering should be.

I am just amused that you are a letter of the law type guy when it comes to scripture, proclaiming, "that's wrong" when the subject is much more complex than just right or wrong.

Mitt Romney gives to his church, minimum of 10%, more sometimes to other charities. I have no issue, he has the money, he should give.

I really do not know what Obama gave to his church, (whichever church he belongs to), but it would be interesting to have a critique of his giving. Can you get the details for us? While you are at it, I would like ot see Bidens, and everyone now wants to see Harry Reids.