• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:42 PM

ok can we all say that Jonathan Stewart might be the Panthers mvp after 3 games? He is undoubtedly what makes this offense churn. I'm glad we locked him up long term and equally disappointed at those who said we should trade him and let Tolbert be the new Stew.

#2 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm glad we re-signed him. The offense seems to have more confidence rolling with Stewart. I don't think Stewart can work with Thursday night games though. He's always injured throughout the week, but always plays on Sunday.

#3 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:53 PM

glad we resigned him. the tolbert addition seems pretty useless.

#4 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

Not really useless the coaches don't know how to use him properly

#5 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,128 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 08:58 PM

I see the pattern. Stewart plays against ATL, we win.

#6 ickmule

ickmule

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,532 posts
  • LocationNorth Myrtle Beach

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:11 PM

Not really useless the coaches don't know how to use him properly

This. My fear is they won't figure it out with Tolbert.

#7 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:18 PM

Stew is a beast. No doubt we miss him when he's not out there.

#8 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:25 PM

#28 = amount of beers I consumed last night.

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,811 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:29 AM

Regardless of Stew being in the line up or not. This team should have a gameplan involving him or not. If he's not in the game, guess what? Gameplan for this situation and adapt to it. DeAgelo and Tolbert are both good backs. The Running game shouldn't be a problem.

I believe we're trying to be too cute and flashy with this option read. Chud needs to be more creative and trust his backs.

#10 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:12 AM

With stew out we lose, with him in we win...that is so retarded its just a conquinesdense ( misspelled so what). Stew is my fav running back on the team and Im estatic we kept him. Chud just puzzles me, I dont understand why we have been so horrible without stew playing.

#11 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

With all the money we have spent on other backs, that is really disturbing if true. But i'm not sure if I buy it- the game he played was against a defense potentially even more pathetic than our own. We really did not look very good against them when you take that into account.

#12 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:25 AM

With all the money we have spent on other backs, that is really disturbing if true. But i'm not sure if I buy it- the game he played was against a defense potentially even more pathetic than our own. We really did not look very good against them when you take that into account.

It isn't like NY shut out run games out prior to us....Murray went for 130+. A rookie went for 60 and at least a TD with it.

Stewart makes a D in this offense play different . Offense is what it is.

#13 USCGuardsman

USCGuardsman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:50 AM

I was just thinking this same thing and actually logged on today to see if others thought so. I feel the game plan is much different taking Stew into account as opposed to when it is just DWill. Chud should look at that and when Stew is not available, let Tolbert take the role of Stew and stick to what works. DWill is a great back, but sucks at the Option read. Stew and DWill together = Traditional run/pass out of the backfield = production. I truely believe Stew makes a huge difference in play call and the opponents defensive strategy. We'll see next week in ATL, provided Stew is healthy......

#14 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,230 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

0-2 when Stewart is out
0-2 when we wear blue jerseys

#15 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:54 AM

We should make J-Stew the face of the franchise. :D Yet, this myth that Stew has such a command on our offense is starting to bother me. I'm not saying he isn't impactful, that would be a completely stupid thing to say, yet come on. All this says is we need to get rid of this crappy option run play as our main run offense.

Yall forget that the Saints are a reeling defensive team. We think that J-Stew made all the difference last week when we played the Saints, but in actuality it was the Saints defense that made the difference. With all that said, Jonathan is definitely our best RB. I just hope his skills don't prolong this awful run offense we got right now. The sooner we get rid of that, the better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com