Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I want to defend Joe Adams

46 posts in this topic

Posted

It'd be nice to pull things back a bit for him, drop him to just punts for a while. He's definitely explosive as a KR, but he's not a fluid player. He's all shake and bake. Problem is, Pilares is that fluid player who doesn't get the right blocking and so it's hard to tell if he can pick the hole and go, but Pilares is also less likely to make a mess for an 18-22 yard gain that's not worth the risk.

Posted

It is indeed. We've never had good special teams

It was one of our strengths under Scott O'Brien.

Posted

If you're calling Joe Adams out already, now thats "overreacting".

Posted

It is indeed. We've never had good special teams

Lets see.. It was one of the original pillars that this franchise was founded on. Michael Bates was on the 90's All-Decade team for the work he did here. Bates and Kasay, we had killer special teams.

Posted

Lets see.. It was one of the original pillars that this franchise was founded on. Michael Bates was on the 90's All-Decade team for the work he did here. Bates and Kasay, we had killer special teams.

I wasn't even alive our first year of playing, it's just ever since I been watching (2003) we always seem to be really mediocre there

Posted

I wasn't even alive our first year of playing, it's just ever since I been watching (2003) we always seem to be really mediocre there

Damn that makes me feel old, and im only 32 lol

Posted

I was only 3 when the Panthers started playing.

Posted

Well I certainly know why some of you act the way you do.....

2 people like this

Posted

lmao at someone feeling the need to defend an NFL player in a forum.

when he fumbled the kickoff to open the second half he ended the game. In a night where a spark was needed he, in a position and possessing the skill to provide one, failed miserably. He was definitely not alone in failing to execute on Thursday but he failed just as much or more than the rest of the Panthers.

Posted

I had defended him in a thread a few minutes before he muffed the punt. I was saying how he's not a kick returner and wait until you see him on punts. Then he failed not 5 minutes later and I felt like an idiot.

I still think he has absolutely great potential if he can get the fumbling under control. And if he can't, maybe he'll be so good that it's worth it. Hester has 28 fumbles.

Posted

I was surprised how poorly he played. Outside of punting and kicking our special teams are complete ass.

He's only played 3 NFL games though, his career isn't over yet.

Posted

Damn that makes me feel old, and im only 32 lol

Lol I was born in 1996 I'm 16, I was born into being a Panthers fan :D