63 replies to this topic

#31 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:57 PM

i don't disagree. with an improved interior rush you'd expect him to be doing a little better in the stat column. i think he'll turn it on as the season progresses

#32 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 23 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Trade players away or Trade to get players, either way hell no.....

Trade away our DEF scheme and replace it with a better scheme and game plan, YES..

#33 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

Isn't/wasn't Mike Jenkins from Dallas available?

I'd trade for him.

#34 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:09 PM

Don't kill me but I'd trade Beason for a 2nd rounder minimum with at least a 3rd or a 4th thrown in and at least one future pick. Beason isn't the same and Kuechly is our future at MLB. Time to start having him play every down there. I know this would never happen besides on Madden. I'm just saying I wouldn't be mad if it did.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

he is the defense's steve smith. draws the best protection, double teams, chips, and specific gameplans. average players surrounding him look better because the attention's not on them.

getting rid of CJ would be a knife in the heart of this defense.

Steve Smith is has been paid to beat the double team....and be highly productive.

CJ has been paid to beat the double teams and be highly productive.....he has not.

#36 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:13 PM

Beason isn't the same after 3 whole games after missing almost an entire season?

Color me shocked. He's fine physically, but had no camp last year and no preseason this year.

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,850 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:15 PM

Steve Smith is has been paid to beat the double team....and be highly productive.

CJ has been paid to beat the double teams and be highly productive.....he has not.

Disagree, CJ doesn't have the pretty stats, but he's been quite effective. Do we need more? Yep, but to say he hasn't been productive is incorrect.

#38 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Don't kill me but I'd trade Beason for a 2nd rounder minimum with at least a 3rd or a 4th thrown in and at least one future pick. Beason isn't the same and Kuechly is our future at MLB. Time to start having him play every down there. I know this would never happen besides on Madden. I'm just saying I wouldn't be mad if it did.

Unfortunately Beason isn't worth a second with that injury history. I would say James Anderson, but then we have a bunch of LB's that get injured to easily.

#39 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:16 PM

Thanks Hurney

#40 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:20 PM

Disagree, CJ doesn't have the pretty stats, but he's been quite effective. Do we need more? Yep, but to say he hasn't been productive is incorrect.

CJ is paid to be a top DE in the league....he isn't that.

And I didn't say he wasn't productive....his paycheck demands he be one of the best 43 DEs in the league....which he isn't

#41 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,598 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:24 PM

Which is why he has trade value.

But let me ask you this.....is he worth that contract?

#42 BeasonBeastingBacks

BeasonBeastingBacks

Farewell Sweet Prince

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:27 PM

you'd be lucky to get more than a third from any of our players right now

#43 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,131 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 23 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

sure, but is there an easy way to equate the one with the other stat-wise?

if we equate sacks with touchdowns, smitty is on the same level with CJ so far this year. but the pretty stat doesn't always tell the whole story.

#44 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,916 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:02 PM

smh at the trade Beason talk...yea the Texans sure got the better end of trading Ryans away...he's having a very good year and proving it just takes a little time to get over that injury.

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:12 PM

sure, but is there an easy way to equate the one with the other stat-wise?

if we equate sacks with touchdowns, smitty is on the same level with CJ so far this year. but the pretty stat doesn't always tell the whole story.

I don't care about stats....I have watched Peppers take over games in Chicago with no stats indicating such on the stat sheet.

Johnson is a good DE. He is paid to be more. He isn't like DeAngelo or Jake...can't.blur his contract as paying him also for what he has done here.

I agree u can't go off a stat sheet...but it his case that doesn't work

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com