I personally don't care.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:35 PM

What exactly did Gross say to Steve

Gross responded to a question about what Smith was on his soapbox

Said if Smith had an issue with Cams's behavior or anyone had a problem that it needed to be dealt with in house and not in the media. That is paraphrasing.

#18 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

"I don't want to be passive and not do it because if I don't do it, who will?" Smith said. "The same way with my son; I can't expect somebody else (to do that). So, yeah, I lit into him because I thought it was an opportunity for him to see and understand what was going on. This is more than about playing football. It's about becoming a man and understanding what this is."

That is not directed at the team but specifically Cam

That wasn't in the same interview. See, you're mixing two interviews together. Which was what I was pointing out earlier.

That interview was the next day after it came to light, via Brett Jensen, that Cam had "lit into" Newton on the sideline.

#19 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,742 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with a HOF player tearing into a young cocky player. Cam needs to lose his pride.

#20 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:39 PM

This thread can not be serious.

Sadly it is.

This place has become a complete joke.

#21 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:42 PM

I don't think there's anything wrong with a HOF player tearing into a young cocky player. Cam needs to lose his pride.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a football player being prideful. It has no bearing on his leadership or playing ability.

#22 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

That wasn't in the same interview. See, you're mixing two interviews together. Which was what I was pointing out earlier.

That interview was the next day after it came to light, via Brett Jensen, that Cam had "lit into" Newton on the sideline.

And? So?

Point was what Smith did wrong was getting on the soapbox....the fact he waited a day you seem imply means something. Smith stired that pot for 24 hrs....and gave the media what they wanted.

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:46 PM

This thread can not be serious.

Sadly it is.

This place has become a complete joke.

A joke is how fans jump on and off things so quick. How they are so quick to blame a young QB for what is currently happen....when the real issue falls on the poor coaching and the fact the rest of the team isn't doing their jobs.....

We aren't losing bc Newton can't handle losing like an adult . The joke is people don't get that

#24 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

And? So?

Point was what Smith did wrong was getting on the soapbox....the fact he waited a day you seem imply means something. Smith stired that pot for 24 hrs....and gave the media what they wanted.

No my point was that you can't attribute those other comments to being about Cam because they weren't in response to a question about Cam and he didn't mention Cam in them. They could have very well been about the entire team, and I think, in context, that they were.

The time between the game and his interview about the sideline incident is inconsequential. My only point was that you can ONLY attribute those comments as being directed at Cam because it was those comments that were in response to being asked about him.

#25 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:49 PM

Steve Smith did do some wrong. He had a false start that really killed the drive they were in.

#26 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

We aren't losing bc Newton can't handle losing like an adult . The joke is people don't get that

I really don't think many people, if any, are making that argument. Having issue with Cam's apparent lack of leadership qualities, is not the same as believing that him sulking on the bench is why we lost to the Giants.

#27 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

I really don't think many people, if any, are making that argument. Having issue with Cam's apparent lack of leadership qualities, is not the same as believing that him sulking on the bench is why we lost to the Giants.

Plenty are...you may not be. So if I lumped you in I apologize.

What team needs a 23 yr old to be their leader and to put the team on his back? A team that lacks leadership and players who do their part.

#28 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,380 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

Steve Smith did do some wrong. He had a false start that really killed the drive they were in.

And prevented us from answering the Giants opening score making it a 7-7 game......bc he didn't make a block he makes almost every week. DeAngelo had an easy TD.....Smith didn't make a fairly easy block.

#29 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 23 September 2012 - 12:59 PM

Plenty are...you may not be. So if I lumped you in I apologize.

What team needs a 23 yr old to be their leader and to put the team on his back? A team that lacks leadership and players who do their part.

Every team requires their QB to be a leader. Put the team on their back....not so much - but be a leader...yes. Asking Cam to BE the Carolina offense is Chud's doing. And you know what CRA? You were one of the largest proponents of such. You wanted an offense designed around what you think Cam can do. You wanted an offense designed around his ability to run. Well you've got it and it's fuging awful at this point. This offense is pigeonholing Cam into a roll that's not necessary. For fugs sake, let Cam run a real offense. Let his threat with his legs keep the defense honest. What we have right now, with running the option as our base set, is allowing the defense to tee off on his running ability and it's completely neutralizing it as a threat to keep the defense honest.

#30 cammycamjooce

cammycamjooce

NOT NEWB

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:07 PM

Cut smitty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com