49 replies to this topic

#1 TheRoadToGlory

TheRoadToGlory

Rookie

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:26 AM

Rivera said he would handle Cam "his way", so if you were the coach of the Panthers, how would you handle Cam and his sideline tactics? Do you bench him for a game? A half? A quarter or a few drives? He may act like he gets it, but when the chips are down, he always reverts back to his old ways. I've never even seen Cam look at arial photos or talk with teammates on how to execute better or recognize what the defense is doing. He needs to be a team player and even more-so a team leader. If love that Smitty chewed him out, but if Smitty was wrong for doing it, how would you handle Cam and his emotional rollercoaster? Flame away and JIF appoved!!

#2 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

Cams's not looking at photos of the D bc he isn't provided with them.....and his OC doesn't talk to him during the game. But that is Cams's fault, right?

Cam has no D, no ST, and is asked to be the team since week 1 of his rookie season....but he should chew gum and clap bc he doesn't get any help rarely to win a ball game?

with the way Cam has played.....if he had a respectable D and coaching staff.....people would be all over his nuts bc he would be not just setting records but winning game after game. I will worry about his pouting when he has a team around him and the team isn't on his back......

If Carolina is going to ask him to be a one man show....then heck, he can act any way he wants

#3 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:32 AM

Shoot him and move on...

#4 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:33 AM

All players go through their own maturation process in this way. Cam is by far not the only QB to get upset when he loses, he just needs to work on being more professional in his demeanor. I would handle it by just making it clear what's expected of him and that it's all part of being an NFL player. However, at no point do I want anyone telling Cam "losing is part of the NFL" or any such bullshit.

We don't want him to get 'used' to losing. He just needs to fake it a little better, like all good QB's do.

#5 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:43 AM

I'd echo Al PACINO's talk to Willie Beamin... Tell him to out out there and throw it towards the Cadillac!

Any Given Sunday

#6 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,632 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:45 AM

I'd say:

I feel your pain Cam. The defense can't tackle a pillow. The OC is trying to force your hand by limiting your playmaking skills. Marty Hurney has built a one-deep roster. There is no Panther home field advantage. I feel your pain.

#7 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:56 AM

I would bench him until further notice.

You will have to go through more pouting at first, then anger, then the victim stage, then, finally, hopefully, something will trigger a competiveness and a "team" attitude that has never seemed to have awoken in him. Better to do it now than to struggle with a half ass leader for years to come. DA has the respect of his team and they will rally around him until Cam comes around......or not.

#8 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

lol bench him for showing his emotion..smfh.

If I were a coach, a grown man of 40+ years and I had to help a 23 year old kid learn to mature, I'd take the active step and call him over to go over strategy or stand beside me and point out things that's going on in the game. Obviously Rivera can't do that, he's busy coaching the game. Chud can't, he's upstairs calling the plays. Who's next? In most cases, it should be DA and/or the QB coach.

And this is basically what Smitty did, except in a Smitty way...

#9 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:07 AM

I would show him all the stuff people in the media is saying about him right now.

Lets be honest, he has a pretty good track record of responding to this stuff. He is not going to fold under the pressure and expectations, that goes completely against his nature. He wants to be good, and he has shown before that he is willing to put the work in to get better

#10 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,450 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:27 AM

lol bench him for showing his emotion..smfh.

If I were a coach, a grown man of 40+ years and I had to help a 23 year old kid learn to mature, I'd take the active step and call him over to go over strategy or stand beside me and point out things that's going on in the game. Obviously Rivera can't do that, he's busy coaching the game. Chud can't, he's upstairs calling the plays. Who's next? In most cases, it should be DA and/or the QB coach.

And this is basically what Smitty did, except in a Smitty way...

"Hey Cam, c'mon buddy, stand over here with me and the other QB's. C'mon, it'll be fun, you can see the game really good from up here, and if you do, we will get ice cream after the game, c'mon, never know till you try."

Yeah, never thought of the pouty kid approach, might work.

#11 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:29 AM

I'd start by treating him like a professional football player.

#12 GAme

GAme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

You gotta call him over real nicely. Start talking about this or that and wehn he starts talking you just SLAP HIM IN DA MOUF and say STFU and man up.

#13 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,336 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

I'd tell him its ok for him to get tattoos and piercings if he wants to.

#14 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,130 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:35 AM

so it's still defense and special teams fault the offense can't execute consistently? that was last year's excuse, we should try to make another one up.

#15 NineOhTheRino

NineOhTheRino

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:38 AM

I would bring Cecil in as an assistant to the OC. One thing we know about CAM is that he holds his father in high regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.