#61 Stay Puft

Stay Puft

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 29 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

How long does it usually take? It's been almost a month and still no answer from wc.

It sounds like the employer may not have informed the insurance carrier. There isn't anything the wc carrier can do until they receive notice of a claim. The filing of the Form 18 to the NCIC will result in the NCIC sending notice to the wc carrier to either accept, deny, or pay your claim without prejudice within 30 days. If they do not respond, they are subject to sanctions (fines) by the NCIC. This money comes from the carrier and not the employer. If they are getting sanction notices they will definatley take action. If I were in that situation, I would call an ombudsman at the NCIC and find out who the carrier is for your paticular employer, and I would contact them directly. You may have to be persistant. I believe the OP indicated that she had been contacted by an adjuster so that should not be an issue. I would blow up their phone until you get some answers, or some direction regarding your medical treatment.

In the meantime, if no one is authorizing any medical treatment then you should seek it on your own. Go to either the ER or to your family doctor. In fact, if you do go to the ER, make sure you follow up with your family doctor anyways. The ER will not always address your work status. Make sure you report that the injuries occurred at work. Keep receipts of everything, including any co-pays, prescriptions, or medical equipment (slings, etc). If you have to travel greater than 20 miles round trip, keep a log of that as well. All of those things can be reimbursed to you by the carrier. You have to fill out a form 25P or form 25T, which you can download from the NCIC website http://www.ic.nc.gov...ms.html#claims. If for some reason your adjuster tells you that you sought this treatment on your own, and they are not responsible for reimbursing you, make it clear that you had no alternative, and that your employer did not direct you anywhere.

Once you have been to the doctor, make sure to turn in a work note to your employer. If you are given restrictions, then make sure that they can accommodate them. If you are taken out of work completely, make sure they have that note as well. If they cannot accommodate your restrictions, you will not be able to return to work. WC doesn't pay for the first 7 days of disability, unless your disability goes beyond 21 days (they go back and pick up the first week). This is called the waiting period.

Allow 30 days to pass since you filed the Form 18. If you haven't heard from anyone at that time, you will need to file a Form 33 and request a hearing. I doubt it will come to that, but if it does, then that particular filing will definatley get their attention.

I hope this helps. I know it is confusing because there are a lot of people involved (employer, injured worker, wc carrier, NCIC, and medical provider).

#62 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

Wow! I am astonished and feel blessed to have received so much help from the Huddle. Panther's fans are truly the greatest! Thanks Guys!!

Stay Puft, Thank you for all your information! I have questions forming in my head as I type. After I get it together I'll ask them.

#63 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:43 PM

Glenda....you are an awesome person. You do not deserve the circumstances you have been given. So glad to see good Huddle advice.

Animals deserve better too. So glad that you care.

#64 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:21 AM

Thanks LP!

So here's an update on things,
I finally received my pay for the last pay period today, it was all cash and left in a bank envelope hidden in a cubby. It was actually rounded up to the next dollar instead of giving me $.07 in change, so now I "owe" them $.93. You better bet I'm going to give it back to them. She neglected to call me yesterday to tell me where it was so I called her and she said she didn't know why she forgot about telling me where it was. So anyway, I got it today and today marks 10 days since I was supposed to receive my check. Guess who's calling NCDOL to report a wage complaint tomorrow. :D

I just called her to notify her that I will not be coming into work until further notice because of my injury. I told her that when I worked, it was making it feel worse and I needed to look after my best interests. I didn't tell her I was quitting.

I was advised that I needed to not go into work so I could be reimbursed for lost pay because of my injury. It doesn't make sense for me to quit because then what am I going to do meanwhile? It's not like I can get another job right now, who is going to hire me with a bum hand and with the possibility of having to stay out of work for a period of time seeing that It might need surgery.

Btw, I cant believe this thread has had 64 posts and there's not one ounce of dumbassity in it. You all should be ashamed of yourselves!

#65 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,920 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

well.... it is pretty difficult to hold onto misbehaving boxers with only one good hand.

...and in the immortal words of NC State basketball legend Charles Shackleford, "Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."

#66 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:17 PM

Here are some more images of the shithole, my swollen hand and the dog that attacked me.

The photos need to be viewed from the last photo to the first photo. I don't know how to fix it right now.

I still haven't found out if he can keep chickens on the premises.

#67 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

I have an attorney now. I didn't even have to shop around.

We have known this guy for 15 years and it didn't even cross my mind until someone else we know mentioned it this weekend. I didn't think about it because he doesn't live locally. I called him this morning and he was like shoot yeah, I'll help. He's super smart, an honest fellow and a wonderful friend. I'm looking forward to working with him.

#68 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

So...any updates?

#69 LifeisaGarden

LifeisaGarden

Bitchassness

• HUDDLER
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

I gave my employer my Notice of Accident on Tuesday. Right before I gave it to her I had just hung up with the insurance adjuster. I told the insurance adjuster that I hired an attorney. So when I was walking into my workplace I was actually there when the insurance adjuster called my supervisor. The look on my supervisors face when she came out of the office and saw me was priceless. I could tell she was pissed. She hardly said 2 words to me. I gave her the notice and I left.

I just sent the paperwork off to my attorney so hopefully by the first of the week I'll hear at least something from them. My attorney said the insurance company has 30 days to respond once they notify them so it could take at least that long to find out anything. I was told I didn't need to wait that long to see a Dr though. So, hopefully it will be soon.

#70 nobody

nobody

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:10 PM

I gave my employer my Notice of Accident on Tuesday. Right before I gave it to her I had just hung up with the insurance adjuster. I told the insurance adjuster that I hired an attorney. So when I was walking into my workplace I was actually there when the insurance adjuster called my supervisor. The look on my supervisors face when she came out of the office and saw me was priceless. I could tell she was pissed. She hardly said 2 words to me. I gave her the notice and I left.

I just sent the paperwork off to my attorney so hopefully by the first of the week I'll hear at least something from them. My attorney said the insurance company has 30 days to respond once they notify them so it could take at least that long to find out anything. I was told I didn't need to wait that long to see a Dr though. So, hopefully it will be soon.

You should have taken a photo and shown us.

Not like she could fire you.
:thumbsu: (jk and good luck)

#71 ladypanther

ladypanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,290 posts
  • LocationWNC

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:55 PM

Any updates? Hope all is well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users