Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panther Talk on Now (8.05pm)

42 posts in this topic

Posted

He tries to explain problems. Most coaches just deny they exist.

Posted

He is almost honest to a fault. Kind of the anti-Fox. He even said in a press conference once that he says too much sometimes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I would still rather have Rivera stumble while trying to explain things then have Fox smile and suggest everything is fine, or give us the dreaded "It is what it is".

Lets not forget guys that Rivera is only a 2nd year HC. Cam needs to be given some room to grow as a QB and Rivera needs to be given some room to grow as a HC. Nobody wants to hear that, but it's true.

4 people like this

Posted

I would still rather have Rivera stumble while trying to explain things then have Fox smile and suggest everything is fine, or give us the dreaded "It is what it is".

Lets not forget guys that Rivera is only a 2nd year HC. Cam needs to be given some room to grow as a QB and Rivera needs to be given some room to grow as a HC. Nobody wants to hear that, but it's true.

I'd rather have the coach that wins and the everything that's fine guy had his team in the Superbowl in only his second year as a head coach. I can't help but question if we took a step backwards in term of coaching. Nobody wants to hear that, but it could be true.

Rivera will be given plenty of time to prove himself though.

Posted

Lets not forget guys that Rivera is only a 2nd year HC.

Yeah, John Fox didn't do much his second years as a HC.

Posted

Rivera is what he is

Posted

You gotta admit Foxy had some legit defensive talent from previous GMs and two sturdy running backs. You could go through every spot on D and take 2003 guys over 2012 just about. Even Morgan over Beason.

Posted

Fox didn't like the idea of using all young players on a team and you see why now. Its very challenging and takes time to develop. Rivera was given a short and cheep contract and we might be seeing why right now. Good DC bad Coach but he still has time to prove people wrong.

Posted

I listened to Rivera last night - he didnt sound hesitant or baffled or bumbling at all - he sounded sure of himself and that he has a plan - - of course the questions could have all been scripted for all I know and he was reading off of cue cards - sounds to me that us fans are in for a long haul - RR said they are using all young guys and didnt bring any free agents in because they are building a team for the long term - I took from it that is the way the organisation wants it and Jerry R has already signed onto this philosophy and is good with it - or maybe it was he who told RR he wanted it that way. Regardless - its apparent to me from what Rivera said last night that any wins in the near future are going to be nice, but dont expect them. And dont expect Rivera to be polishing up his resume any time soon.

2 people like this

Posted

With the schemes we are running we might as well be rebuilding till all the coaches get fired.

Posted

People here just seem like they love to overreact to everything.. Including cheesy interviews like this... But you're right, I mean it took terry Bradshaw a LONG time but when he got it together he was good enough to win 4 superbowls, I'm sure it won't take that long for the lights to come on for cam and ron but I'm just saying, people have to stop expecting instant success, it's better they goes through these lumps now than in the future, I still think rivera is a better coach than you all think, IMO, but hurney on ther hand...

Posted

Yeah, John Fox didn't do much his second years as a HC.

Fox inherited much more talent and didn't start in a lockout.

1 person likes this