megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:19 PM

What do you mean by disqualified?

Well, if one team doesn't show up to a game, do they make one team play out the full game by themselves or do they just disqualify the other team for not showing up? I know an offense can run a play with less than 11 defenders on the field, but I've never seen a situation where a defense sends nobody onto the field. I'm just curious what would happen if a team refuses to continue to play. Anybody know what the rule is on this?

#47 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

A catch is not completed until the player is down and maintains possession. That is true. And yes, the rule is the tie on simultaneous possession goes to the receiver. But in this case there was no tie. The defender had the ball intercepted and kept possession all the way to the ground. He had both his hands on it. Only after it was intercepted did Tate reach in and also get his two hands on the remaining parts of the ball.

At least, that is how I would have ruled in my unprofessional capacity.

Tate still reached in while Jennings was still in the air. You can't "complete" an interception while still in the air, the same way a receiver can't complete a pass before making it to the ground. Jennings shouldn't have left it up for discussion and should have just batted the pass down.

#48 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:20 PM

The best thing about this fiasco is that the Packers are going to fume all week and then ram the Saints with no lube whatsoever.

Posted Image

#49 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Giving into unions is why this country sucks and you want the NFL to give into a union that couldn't do their jobs well enough to begin with and had pet teams (steelers always getting a yard extra on the spot)

Still willing to watch the entire season with them.

#50 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,204 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Giving into unions is why this country sucks and you want the NFL to give into a union that couldn't do their jobs well enough to begin with and had pet teams (steelers always getting a yard extra on the spot)

Union membership is at an all-time low, so your theory is invalid.

#51 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:24 PM

Well, if one team doesn't show up to a game, do they make one team play out the full game by themselves or do they just disqualify the other team for not showing up? I know an offense can run a play with less than 11 defenders on the field, but I've never seen a situation where a defense sends nobody onto the field. I'm just curious what would happen if a team refuses to continue to play. Anybody know what the rule is on this?

I guess whether they would have been disqualified or not wouldn't have mattered because they couldn't win. They should have stood up to the dictator that is Goodell and the owners. It might have been the only time where we see a field goal, where there was no defense against it. It would have been an epic message, but they missed it!

#52 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,619 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:25 PM

It ruins the game as a whole no way to be happy about this.

Well, I don't care that much because its not my team. But its definitely not a pleasant way to end a game.

Now if it had happened to Atlanta, New Orleans or Dallas, then it would be a lot of fun. :)

#53 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:27 PM

yeah thats because the foulcunts are 3-0.

I guarantee if this happened to your team you would be freaking the fug out

#54 megadeth078

megadeth078

hate hate hate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,003 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

I guess whether they would have been disqualified or not wouldn't have mattered because they couldn't win. They should have stood up to the dictator that is Goodell and the owners. It might have been the only time where we see a field goal, where there was no defense against it. It would have been an epic message, but they missed it!

If I was the owner of a team, I sure as hell wouldn't want my coach to make that decision for me. If I want to suddenly boycott (even for one game that was already lost) the ref's ruling to send a message to Roger Goodell and the NFL, I sure as hell would want to be the one making that call. I don't think it would have been smart for McCarthy to make that decision himself. He did a good job keeping his cool.

#55 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:28 PM

1. League better hope GB doesn't miss a playoff seed by one game or Seattle doesn't get one by one game.

2. No one has mentioned the obvious here....BAT THE BALL DOWN. This is why they preach that, for this very scenario.

#56 PeteRozelle

PeteRozelle

Random Drive by Pictures

• HUDDLER
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:29 PM

Union membership is at an all-time low, so your theory is invalid.

maybe because manufacturing jobs are almost nonexistent in America..

..and no, I don't have any numbers to prove that, just a thought.

#57 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,105 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

So you're cool with Julio Jones getting laid out and having to go to the hospital like Heyward-Bey and no flag being thrown? The Steelers v. Raiders game was a fiasco when considering how the NFL has been obsessed about player safety and it's pretty clear these refs have lesser abilities to judge.

#58 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

If I was the owner of a team, I sure as hell wouldn't want my coach to make that decision for me. If I want to suddenly boycott (even for one game that was already lost) the ref's ruling to send a message to Roger Goodell and the NFL, I sure as hell would want to be the one making that call. I don't think it would have been smart for McCarthy to make that decision himself. He did a good job keeping his cool.

What the Packer's owner is going to do to McCarthy? If he fired him, he would have another job within seconds. You have to stand for what's right, and not going back out there would have been the right thing to do if your McCarthy.

#59 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:33 PM

So the fact that the non union refs are doing a much worse job than the union refs is an example of why unions are bad?

#60 cammycamjooce

cammycamjooce

NOT NEWB

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:34 PM

packers fans

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com