CRA's prediction - week 4

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

I didn't feel good about week 1 - voiced to the board I thought many were overconfident in what would occur.

I felt great about week 2 heading in.

Week 3, I felt losing Stewart would make it tough to get rolling with that DL.

So what doesn't CRA think about week 4? Well, I am not sure about Stewart's health. Not sure about Chud's play calling or the D in general. But what I am sure about is Cam hasn't faced this type of negative heat and press except for 2 times since I have followed the young man. At Auburn and upon entering the league....the result was dominance. I don't really think much matters this week....bc I think Cam is mentally where he needs to be. He shines under hate. He excells when he is rooted against. Entering this season the winds were changing....those that doubted him were becoming fans....believed maybe they were wrong.

My point is simple. When gas is thrown on the Cam fire by the media....he does great things.

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

i hope so. they're all going to explode at some point. this week is as good as any. i hope they're all walking into this game pissed at the world and take it all out on the falconvicts.

#3 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:00 PM

So what's the prediction? Cam is gonna play well? What about the rest of the team

#4 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:03 PM

So what's the prediction? Cam is gonna play well? What about the rest of the team

as cam goes, the team goes.

#5 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,852 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Opti OP, I like it. I also have a pretty good feeling this week, the Falcons aren't staying undefeated much longer. Maybe that Giants game and a very long week is what our team needed to get the ball rolling.

#6 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Unfortunately our team historically plays better when there are low expectations. Being that everyone expects us to lose then we should win. Going forward that needs to change.

#7 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

I don't think we will get stomped. One score game with a possible chance to win it late... Maybe trailing by 4. That's my gut feeling

#8 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

My prediction is Cam does what he does when the world is hating....the unthinkable. Carolina wins....and they clearly win bc of #1.

#9 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

I don't know how any of you can feel good about these games going forward

#10 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,580 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 04:22 PM

Heard something funny on the radio this morning. I think it was John Lynch talking about his own power rankings this season, and that he opened the season with the Giants as his #1 team, they lost. Then in week two he had the Patriots who lost, last week he had the Niners.

And yes, his current #1 team is the Falcons. Kiss of death - they're going down. I'll take it.

#11 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

I don't know how any of you can feel good about these games going forward

Um, pretty sure we had 2 games last year that were collectively just as bad as NY and Tampa this year.....pretty sure Chud wasn't impressive early last year either.

Poo happens. Doesn't erase the fact we have the offensive talent to knock out any team in the NFL.

Football at this level is more mental than anything. I'll stick with my guess....that the superstar shines brightest when the mud starts being slung.

#12 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:37 PM

Maybe just the fact that expectations were higher this year, kind of a letdown

#13 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:41 PM

All I know is this: the longest weeks in a season are ones like these. Your team under performs on a big stage.... Then you wait.... Wait.... And fuggin wait some more, in hopes that they can turn it around to get that shyitty taste out of your mouth!

Here's to continue to waiting... Fmylife

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Maybe just the fact that expectations were higher this year, kind of a letdown

Well, I also think there is some serious overreaction....look at the Packers, Giants, Cards and a host of other teams that have made Superbowl appearances in recent years.....no one would have guessed it 3 weeks in. I don't want Carolina playing its best football early....there is still time to right the ship.

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,379 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:44 PM

Forget Cam for a moment, how can any of you have confidence in a victory given the way our defense has played?

And please don't pull out the Saints game as an example of a good defensive performance. Graham dropped a couple of key passes, including one that would have been a TD. Their 4th receiver (can't remember his name, but he's the little white guy with the funny TD dance) also dropped a sure TD.

I'll pick the Panthers again once the D shows me something on the field, not before.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.