Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

CRA's prediction - week 4

61 posts in this topic

Here's an amazing number for you. Cleveland has either 25 or 26 (don't know if they dropped one when Fujita came back) rookies or 2nd year players on their 53 man roster. Yeah, they may be 0-4, but they have been very competitive. Somehow, they seem to be able to coach their guys up enough to have them ready to compete.

Clev also has been steadily building a defense.

Carolina is going to get housed by at least 13 points.

Carolina has not won in Atlanta since 2007.

Atlanta is one of the top 5 teams in the NFC right now and Carolina is a bottom 5 NFC team.

The Panthers will be a perennial mediocre football team until they decide to start playing an NFL offense instead of the college read option. If the Panthers coaching staff have not yet figured out that every team in the NFL knows how to defend this style of offense, they should all be fired.

I was at that game. Maaaaaan that was a long time ago. Its funny, of the 3 (or is it 4) times we've won at the GA DOME, I've attended 2 of them. Both times we were heavy underdogs going into the week if it means anything.

Carolina is going to get housed by at least 13 points.

Atlanta is one of the top 5 teams in the NFC right now and Carolina is a bottom 5 NFC team.

The Panthers will be a perennial mediocre football team until they decide to start playing an NFL offense instead of the college read option. If the Panthers coaching staff have not yet figured out that every team in the NFL knows how to defend this style of offense, they should all be fired.

You do realize when healthy, Carolina has been one old the best offenses in the NFL when using the read option?

We will be mediocre when we can't stop the run OR pass.....AND have a ST unit hurting our chances.

Atl won't stop the read option. Stewart is back. It isn't this complicated issue people make it out to be. Issue is what this team does when Stewart is hurt

Clev also has been steadily building a defense.

1st round CB, DT

2nd round S, DE

Carolina began using the read option with Cam when he was drafted. They are 7-12 using this offense, how is that "one of the best offenses in the NFL?"

"We will be are mediocre when because we can't stop the run OR pass.....AND have a ST unit hurting our chances." Fixed that for ya.

And why don't you think they'll stop the read option? They did it twice last year, remember?

Carolina began using the read option with Cam when he was drafted. They are 7-12 using this offense, how is that "one of the best offenses in the NFL?"

"We will be are mediocre when because we can't stop the run OR pass.....AND have a ST unit hurting our chances." Fixed that for ya.

And why don't you think they'll stop the read option? They did it twice last year, remember?

record is a TEAM stat.....see the D and ST.

Offense? Yardage and points arethere. In fact, when healthy it was a main role in us arguably having the best ground attack in NFL history last season.

We averaged 20 pts a game last year against Atl....that isn't exactly shutting down a rookie lead read option. Atl averaged 31 and our D couldn't force one turnover in 8 quarters. Also means no short field opportunities....which teams thrive on. Look at Atl this year. There offense isn't going 80 yards for all those points.

Best way to help Cam....give him a D. instead he has a weak DL and secondary.....and the one strength is playing like poo right now but that strength has a limited impact in today's game.

Ws are what matters, not offensive or defensive rankings.

Stats can show a team's strengths and weaknesses and give a clue of how to scheme against them and that's about it.

The reality, I believe, is after a year of tape the DCs in this league have figured out how to stop Newton, and that this year, the guards on this team are not that good and they are in the backfield before Newton gets the snap which probably means they must have picked up a key.

The Panthers can stay a one trick poiny and they will get their butts handed to them regularly.

I don't think they have a clue of who they are and if someone is saying the read option will suddenly work because Stewart is back then why run it when he isn't...what is the sense in that. If it works this weekend, it's because Atlanta is weak against the run, all of which means Chud will probably order passes.

Some teams are good enough to force their will on the other team regardless. The Panthers aren't that team. If they are, they sure as hell have not shown it, in any phase of the game.

I was at that game. Maaaaaan that was a long time ago. Its funny, of the 3 (or is it 4) times we've won at the GA DOME, I've attended 2 of them. Both times we were heavy underdogs going into the week if it means anything.

are you going to be there for this game?

you going this weekend? lol