#1 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:06 AM

He addresses the non issue about the Charlotte observer cartoon.

http://msn.foxsports...t-on-cue-092812

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

the non-issue that is still causing threads to be made every day?

i've moved on. old news. don't care. only focused on tomorrow.

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Not that I'm saying I believed the cartoon was necessarily racist, but in that article Whitlock seemed to ignore the fact that the reason some people think it's racist is because Cam looks white in it. He seemed to dismiss it because the only reason it was supposedly "racist" was because it was critical of a black QB.

To be fair, the picture of the cartoon on the article is in black and white. Maybe he ignored it because the only picture he's seen of it is that one, and not the color one with the questionable skin hue.

#4 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:19 AM

Not that I'm saying I believed the cartoon was necessarily racist, but in that article Whitlock seemed to ignore the fact that the reason some people think it's racist is because Cam looks white in it. He seemed to dismiss it because the only reason it was supposedly "racist" was because it was critical of a black QB.

To be fair, the picture of the cartoon on the article is in black and white. Maybe he ignored it because the only picture he's seen of it is that one, and not the color one with the questionable skin hue.

Honestly I had not even noticed that it is a black and white cartoon after all.

Honestly when you make the kind of money they do, no one is above criticism.

#5 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:21 AM

the non-issue that is still causing threads to be made every day?

i've moved on. old news. don't care. only focused on tomorrow.

Touche, however this particular article had not been posted yet.

I am not looking forward tomorrow I have a feeling we are going to get our asses handed to us.

#6 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

so it's better to dwell on this?

makes no sense.

#7 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:24 AM

He addresses the non issue about the Charlotte observer cartoon.

http://msn.foxsports...t-on-cue-092812

Interesting article. who thought it was racist on here besides kt? i really just think it is in bad taste to clown your 23 year old, second year franchise qb 3 games into the season. was there ever any cartoons of jake delhomme having complete meltdowns on the field?

#8 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:26 AM

just a thought for mods....i know it's the weekend and you guys don't like to do much anyways, but could there be a merging of the cam cartoon threads, please?

thanks.

ps. please don't ban me. :)

#9 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:28 AM

Interesting article. who thought it was racist on here besides kt? i really just think it is in bad taste to clown your 23 year old, second year franchise qb 3 games into the season. was there ever any cartoons of jake delhomme having complete meltdowns on the field?

Pretty much just KT this was directed at him.

As for Dellhome more is expected out of Cam, he was the #1 pick and he had a fabulous rookie season, I for one agree with you I think Cam will be fine when he matures a bit, I do however give him some slack because he is young.

#10 coralreefer_1

coralreefer_1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:32 AM

I i really just think it is in bad taste to clown your 23 year old, second year franchise qb 3 games into the season.

Interesting point, and yet practically everyone on this board and media did the exact same thing to Clausen in the first three games of his FIRST season.

Granted, Cam has alot more weapons and TONS more potential, but still remains that the folks around here threw Clausen into the trash pile practically from the start, so it doesnt surprise me than many do the same thing to Cam now.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,779 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

Pretty much just KT this was directed at him.

As for Dellhome more is expected out of Cam, he was the #1 pick and he had a fabulous rookie season, I for one agree with you I think Cam will be fine when he matures a bit, I do however give him some slack because he is young.

so you're trolling him or stirring the pot? if not, wouldn't a private message have sufficed? or is it important to get this discussion going all over again in a new thread?

nvm....have fun with your thread.

#12 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

so you're trolling him or stirring the pot? if not, wouldn't a private message have sufficed? or is it important to get this discussion going all over again in a new thread?

nvm....have fun with your thread.

You had the option to not post in it, instead you obliged and stuck your nose in.

And if you must know I like the article the fact that it contradicted KT was just a bonus.

#13 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,297 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

You had the option to not post in it, instead you obliged and stuck your nose in.

And if you must know I like the article the fact that it contradicted KT was just a bonus.

Death by Exile!!

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,273 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

I don't think the cartoon itself is racist....

I think the tendency to hammer on a young black QB is tied into race. He is 3 games off a record setting season and his team sit at 1-2 like such teams as NE and GB.

#15 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,344 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:04 AM

I don't think the cartoon itself is racist....

I think the tendency to hammer on a young black QB is tied into race. He is 3 games off a record setting season and his team sit at 1-2 like such teams as NE and GB.

I don't see any criticism of Cam as racist at all. There were high expectations and he ;and the whole team gave struggled). He has some behavior tendencies on the sideline that should be addressed.

Remember, Favre was traded...Elu was bashed in the media...etc.

High profile QB's are always under the microscope and face criticism.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.