Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If Cam Newton yelled 'get off my f***in field'

210 posts in this topic

Posted

Wonderful.

The Carolina Dancers. yeah, I can get behind it. just give me time.

All the greats had wonderful end zone dances. Just can't recall them at the moment.

At the end of the day, it is still football. If Cam does not mature and learn how to win, he will be elsewhere in 3 years and can dance all he wants

Posted

By the way, I am not a Clausen fan at all.

I do the DA could lead the team if Cam got hurt, but not Clausen. Also think that Delhomme was over his head.

Cam's physical ability with Delhomme's fire would be the perfect combo.

Posted

Aaron Rodgers dances

Ray Lewis dances

Deion danced

Art Monk danced

Thats just a few who won Super Bowls and are in the Hall or are Hall bound. When did you start watching the NFL? 4 years ago? Anymore of stirs insecurities he wants to place on our star QB?

You've been watching and spending money on Brett Basanez and Jeff Lewis your whole life what do you know about "acting like you been there" and what it takes to be a STAR QB in this league?

Posted

Matt Ryan didn't have all the personal issues coming out of College Cam did. Cam is a thug, he is a punk and he is proving his detractors out of college right.

All he gives a poo about is himself. Its the scorpion and the turtle story, he can't change his true character.

LOL

Posted

Matt Ryan didn't have all the personal issues coming out of College Cam did. Cam is a thug, he is a punk and he is proving his detractors out of college right.

All he gives a poo about is himself. Its the scorpion and the turtle story, he can't change his true character.

I don't for a second believe the media's fascination with Newton is racial but I'm pretty certain your problem is rooted in race.

Posted

Smear matt ryan all over our fu###ng field when the Falcs come to town.

Posted

By the way, I am not a Clausen fan at all.

I do the DA could lead the team if Cam got hurt, but not Clausen. Also think that Delhomme was over his head.

Cam's physical ability with Delhomme's fire would be the perfect combo.

I believe that Cam has every bit as much fire as Delhomme had, they just show it in different ways. Delhomme was a hyper cajun redneck who would fist pump and run around like a lunatic when he did something good, and similarly would throw a bitch fit when he did something bad.

Cam does similar things but just in his own way. He dances, and celebrates with teammates. He's one of the first ones into the scrum when a fight breaks out - he's there for his teammates. He gets pissed when he has a bad play and shows it visibly. He does everything Jake did, but he's not Jake. He's Cam Newton a black kid from Atlanta. He's never going to act like a white redneck from Louisiana. He's his own man, but he has ever bit of passion that Jake, or any other successful player has ever had.

1 person likes this

Posted

People are still ignoring the fact that Ryan is celebrating within his teammates...AND...people are trying to put words into Ryan's mouth. He's not saying "get off MY field". Which is funny that the op's title of what if Cam yells get off MY field. They are projecting what they feel is already seen by many on and off the field as a ME-first attitude by Cam and expounded through how many freaking articles last week. Ryan didn't say MY field. He said OUR field. Crash on Ryan all you want, but what he did was through his words and celebration was include his teammates and express something that gives team ownership to their house....NOT "MY".

What's sad about this is that people attempted to look into this, as with how many other comparisons, as some legitimization on Cam's attitude. I have exactly no problem with what Ryan said/did (highfiving his teammates). They won...in THEIR house. We want to justify celebrations? Just freaking finish a game.

1 person likes this

Posted

you can hang up your panthers jersey and leave the huddle now

Not being insanely obsessive to the point of hating a man just because he plays for another team doesn't make me any less of a fan than you are.

Posted

We should probably wait until Cam actually wins something in the NFL...a lot of his critism will probably go away. Its easy to pick on a loser and rightfully so. Stop seperating Cam as the winner and this franchise as the loser, there is no difference, win somehting.

Posted

how quickly have you all forgotten about "Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire" and the very reason he came to the nfl as soon as he did rather than returning to auburn? he is going to have a negative persona for a long time and has to overcome it through persistent will. Anytime he does anything resembling sulking or anything else negative ppl are gonna bash him. As a falcons fan believe me I know exactly what its all about, Vick had to deal with the same shet for the longest time, and its only now that he's in philly and stepped his game up that he is under much less scrutiny

Posted

how quickly have you all forgotten about "Sir Cameron Newton: Leader of Men, Lover of Puppies...Esquire" and the very reason he came to the nfl as soon as he did rather than returning to auburn? he is going to have a negative persona for a long time and has to overcome it through persistent will. Anytime he does anything resembling sulking or anything else negative ppl are gonna bash him. As a falcons fan believe me I know exactly what its all about, Vick had to deal with the same shet for the longest time, and its only now that he's in philly and stepped his game up that he is under much less scrutiny

LMAO.

he walked onto a team in the SEC....went undefeated, won a National Championship and Heisman. There was zero reason to consider going back to Auburn.

Vick and Newton aren't comparable...especially as young players. Vick was lazy.