Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4Corners

Head Coaching Candidates

110 posts in this topic

Hurney needs to be shown the door first, if they manage to remove his mouth from Jerry's nether region.

It's almost impossible for anyone to defend Marty anymore.

This opens up a whole new can of worms though - who would we bring in to be the GM after Marty resigns or is terminated?

Thanks for your input, moderator.

YW :)

To add to it.

I can't honestly think of any Coordinator off the top of my head I would like to have.

Giants DC's are becoming more and more sketchy.

Zimmerman from the Bengals might be only thing worth thinking about.

Regardless I see 0 chance Chico is fired.

Like I stated earlier I'm not rooting for a coaching change (yet). However, I gotta disagree w/ you on the "posh job" comment. What would you consider a posh coaching job? The Panthers play in a growing, beautiful city and have a legitimate franchise QB who hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential. Not to mention the team is young, impressionable and we do have an owner who will open up the check book.

511563446_huh_xlarge.jpeg

As lackluster as Rivera looks so far, you know he'll ride his contract out at minimum barring something huge (arrested, etc).

That goes double for Hurney.

If you wanted Bill Cowher.....we should of just kept Fox. I don't want that....uphill battle. Rivera is right in embracing a forward thinking offense. We need a defensive minded coach to pair with Newton that can aid this D yet support a modern day offense.

Yeah I definitely respect that fact that RR is a progressive coach.

This opens up a whole new can of worms though - who would we bring in to be the GM after Marty resigns or is terminated?

Marty is the biggest issue. Should of been gone with Fox.....emotionally attached to prior moves made before the "Rivera rebuilding era". New GM would have gutted the roster and been more aggressive with change

Marty is the biggest issue. Should of been gone with Fox.....emotionally attached to prior moves made before the "Rivera rebuilding era". New GM would have gutted the roster and been more aggressive with change

As much as I have defended Marty of the years I will have to agree here.

He should have been sent packing with Fox.

SOMEHOW he convinced BigCat to give him 4 more years (im guessing here). How I just don't know.

Marty does some good things, he jumps on grenades for just about the entire organization, but there comes a point where the company guy just isnt making the grade anymore.

I'm afraid that time was the end of 2010.

Since Jerry is hellbent on being Pittsburgh south, start with the name Omar Khan, the Steelers cap guru in their front office.

Honestly, we need a real D coordinator more so than a new HC.

That said, we need to start with Hurney.

The absolutely soonest possible time Rivera would be fired would be after the 2013 season. I'd bet every penny I have that he won't be fired this year no matter how bad things get.

How much control does JR have over the decisions that impact the team? Is MH really just JR's puppet?

WADE PHILLIPS DC, HOUSTON TEXANS

wade.jpg

I used to hate this guy when he was at Dallas, but what he has done in Houston since last year is INCREDIBLE. Bring this guy to Charlotte!!!