tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:29 PM

Mike Pereira said on Twitter yesterday

Mike Pereira@MikePereira
A request for an excess timeout is ignored. There is no penalty unless it's an attempt to freeze the kicker.

So is Pereira saying that the "real" refs went all "replacement" ref on the Panther's azzes since they seemed to have given the Falcon's a needed timeout anyway?

#32 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Anything to blame the loss on anyone else but the team... I love it

Did punching that strawman right to the ground feel good?

#33 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:34 PM

That was the refs decision... Dude came to tell Coach Smith he didnt have a timeout

So you're telling us he took an official timeout to tell Smith that he didn't have a timeout?

That'll show Mike Smith!

Man... I'm sure glad the regular refs are back.

#34 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,892 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

http://blogs.ajc.com...bout-my-action/

Matt Bryant’s field goal had given the Falcons a 30-28 lead with five seconds remaining, but they still had to defend one last play. After a touchback on the kickoff, Carolina took possession at its 20. Smith saw that the Falcons had only 10 players on the field — he would not identify the missing man — and was less than pleased.

Said Smith: “We were trying to finish the game. We were trying to get the right personnel. We didn’t have the right number of players.”

Fox cameras caught an angry Smith putting both hands on Hamilton’s arm and administering a slight shove. Said Smith: “I was on a tirade — that’s all. I did not push him. I was on a tirade and I threw my hands.”

Thinking quickly, Smith signaled for a timeout before Carolina could snap the ball, knowing full well the Falcons had used their final allotted timeout just after the two-minute warning. He also knew that NFL rules don’t levy a penalty when a team tries to call a timeout it doesn’t have.

The Falcons were able to send an 11th defender into the game while the officials were telling Smith he couldn’t have a timeout, which was his intention all along. “I was trying to get 11 guys on the field,” he said. “We didn’t have 11 guys.”

Mission accomplished.

#35 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

So you're telling us he took an official timeout to tell Smith that he didn't have a timeout?

That'll show Mike Smith!

Man... I'm sure glad the regular refs are back.

Cam got sacked before his guys even reached the end zone.... Our 3 man rush was on the field before all that.

I just feel like its no big deal at the end of the day

#36 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Seems palpably unfair to me.

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Cam got sacked before his guys even reached the end zone.... Our 3 man rush was on the field before all that.

I just feel like its no big deal at the end of the day

Point being that without your missing secondary player on the field we could have potentially had a free receiver with no one covering him. In case you're a little slow; this means that Cam wouldn't have had to wait for the routes to finish to throw. By giving a "free" timeout the refs allowed Atlanta to get proper personnel on the field.

#38 atljbo

atljbo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

Point being that without your missing secondary player on the field we could have potentially had a free receiver with no one covering him. In case you're a little slow; this means that Cam wouldn't have had to wait for the routes to finish to throw. By giving a "free" timeout the refs allowed Atlanta to get proper personnel on the field.

Dude we had a 3 man rush.... everybody else went deep.... Even Coach Rivera said we got a sack with a 3 man rush so the missing guy thing probably wouldnt have made a difference...

“I’m not sure it makes a difference,” Rivera said. “The bad thing is they had a three-man pass rush and got a sack off it.”

We had 8 guys... It would have been 7 guys deep without the 1 guy

I get the ref shouldnt have not did what he did.... It doesnt make a difference tho.

#39 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

He's a Falcon he'll never be able to comprehend common sense....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com