Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

A GM thread

73 posts in this topic

The OP is 100% responsible for derp.

0.0001% of the time your interent gangsterness entertains someone.

He basically has managed for lack of a better word to get us one good season every 3/4 years or so

The feelings of 03 are well behind us and 05 & 08 weren't that special minus Smitty in 05 and Double Trouble in 08. He's overly clinging onto the only guys he was successful with wasting cash, not going after FAs that can help us out at areas OF NEED, and most importantly has not produced results in well over 3 years now regardless of getting lucky enough to get Cam or not.

It's a boiling point scenario and if we finish sub .500 yet again, it may hit

Phew... thats a close one,I thought your were going to annoint another player a probowler again like you did with Fiametta and Mcclain.

Never said that about Fiametta.

McClain is now with the Pats. We will see.

Never said that about Fiametta.

McClain is now with the out of the leauge we saw

fixed that for you.

I have a feeling McClain was cut for other reasons besides football.

Hurney also gave Jake that stupid contract.

He basically has managed for lack of a better word to get us one good season every 3/4 years or so

The feelings of 03 are well behind us and 05 & 08 weren't that special minus Smitty in 05 and Double Trouble in 08. He's overly clinging onto the only guys he was successful with wasting cash, not going after FAs that can help us out at areas OF NEED, and most importantly has not produced results in well over 3 years now regardless of getting lucky enough to get Cam or not.

It's a boiling point scenario and if we finish sub .500 yet again, it may hit

He's had cam for 1.4 years after after Jerry hit the restart button in 2010. Managed to put togther a d-line that has the 3rd most sacks in the NFL and more than the mighty Giants. Which players would you prefer he let walk?

Was riding down road one day with a Jewish acquaintance and wondered based on what I had been told if I should be friends with him. Then the thought hit me "Jews were Gods Chosen folks" so if they was good enough for God they was alright with me.

Same with Hurney if he good nough for JR he good nough for me.

I really respect what JR did in bringing us the Panthers. If it wasn't for him personally they would not be here. When JR feels Hurney can be upgraded you bet your Bippy he will do it.

Sit back and enjoy the ride things gonna smoooooothe out!

Go Panthers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a feeling McClain was cut for other reasons besides football.

Hurney also gave Jake that stupid contract.

Regardless of your feeling it does not take away from the fact that he's not a pro bowler as Zod claimed he would be. Fortunately for Panther fans everywhere we were able to find an upgrade to come in right away and make an impact.

The Delhomme contract saved us 2.5 million for the 09 season and he was subsequently cut in an uncapped year. No harm no foul.

http://blogs.charlot...apfriendly.html

Oh there was harm. I had to buy a new computer when I read about the contract.

He's had cam for 1.4 years after after Jerry hit the restart button in 2010. Managed to put togther a d-line that has the 3rd most sacks in the NFL and more than the mighty Giants. Which players would you prefer he let walk?

I'm saying regardless of getting Cam...Hurney should have been gone when that restart button was hit.

Consider: the Delhomme contract, not grooming someone under Jake, Williams contract, signing Keyshawn, not trying to work out a way to trade Peppers (we knew he wanted out no matter what), the CJ contract, The whole Kasay to Mare fiasco, 25 mill guaranteed to Beason knowing he was having some lingering injury problems, betting on 4th-6th rounders and special teams aces to come in and start...

And then you have that continuous feeling on being at the cusp of greatness and thinking we have great players and all when its really just a mediocre product in the end.

Hard to find a GM that bats 1.000 on draft picks. Hurney does better than most on the picks in the early rounds, which is a good thing, but he doesn't play Free Agency like he used to, which may not be. That could be on orders, no one is ever going to say.

The three biggest impacts he's had on the organization is hiring Fox, drafting Cam, and hiring Rivera.

Three biggest mistakes were Everette Brown, the whole Peppers thing, and losing Jenkins.

And he's on his own hot seat, JR's never going to fire him.

I'm saying regardless of getting Cam...Hurney should have been gone when that restart button was hit.

Consider: the Delhomme contract, not grooming someone under Jake, Williams contract, signing Keyshawn, not trying to work out a way to trade Peppers (we knew he wanted out no matter what), the CJ contract, The whole Kasay to Mare fiasco, 25 mill guaranteed to Beason knowing he was having some lingering injury problems, betting on 4th-6th rounders and special teams aces to come in and start...

And then you have that continuous feeling on being at the cusp of greatness and thinking we have great players and all when its really just a mediocre product in the end.

The Williams contract was the right move imo. He was tied for 2nd on the team with Steve Smith last year for total touchdowns last year. Right now he's only 2nd to Cam in TD's so far this year as well and I mean total TD's not just rushing. As I stated earlier the Delhomme contract did not hurt us in any way. Saved us 2.5 million in 09 and then in 10 when we cut him there was no cap.

I acknowledge Hurney has made some mistakes along the way. But any GM who sticks around for 10 years is going to have some mistakes.

Its the trendy thing to do hate Hurney but in reality most of it is done out of blind rage because of our teams slump since 08. He went full on stupid in 09 to attempt to save Fox's job and it came back to bite him. I can only assume that J.R. acknowledged Fox was soo much of the problem that he canned Fox and Fox alone. Most teams clean house from top to bottom when they do it but Richardson kept Hurney around for a reason.