Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ARSEN

Debate

130 posts in this topic

Who cares about Gary Johnson. No one.

Romney was smart to disown his own policies and ideas for the debate, people don't like them.

He took the Sarah Palin route that worked well, avoid answering questions, deny the facts about your plans, divert.

Looks like the country bought it hook line and sinker, just like with Palin.

I think Gary Johnson won clearly by not having to participate.

I am sure he gained at least 5 or 6 votes last night. :)

Romney was smart to disown his own policies and ideas for the debate, people don't like them.

He took the Sarah Palin route that worked well, avoid answering questions, deny the facts about your plans, divert.

Looks like the country bought it hook line and sinker, just like with Palin.

I could have written that for you, yesterday.

So predictable :)

I don't support a 5 trillion dollar tax cut....

Well, here it is Mitt, over 10 years you cut 5 trillion dollars and increase military by 2 trillion. How do you plan to pay for it?

I'll tell you later!

raise revenue with a larger tax base that actually contributes. obama speaks of simple arithmetic but can't grasp this somehow

Huge amount of buyers remorse in the country. Obama's performance only cemented their feelings.

Bad night for the empty suit, chair, head, etc. Nothing that a few rounds of golf won't solve.

I will say it again like I did last night. With Obama looking so inept, their only option is some backdoor, late October surprise.

Romney will have some out of left field woman accuse him of harrassment or some Chicago trick in his near future. It is all they have left. Obama has no substance, and no record that is positive.

Obama cannot win, he has to make Romney lose.

Obama probably had a false sense of superiority after besting John "I served in Vietnam" Kerry over the last few weeks.

raise revenue with a larger tax base that actually contributes. obama speaks of simple arithmetic but can't grasp this somehow

Yes, I did like Romney's plan of raising tax revenue by not doing anything. He is going to pay for a massive tax cut by closing deductions even though that is just not enough, and he promises to cut insignificant things like PBS while practically begging to give medicare another $700 billion. Fiscal conservatism- complain about the small things while promising to do nothing about the big picture. Wait thats not how it works, oh well

I also liked Mitt running on his ability to work across the aisle while governor- well yeah I'm sure it was easy because you were a democrat back then.

Yes, I did like Romney's plan of raising tax revenue by not doing anything. He is going to pay for a massive tax cut by closing deductions even though that is just not enough, and he promises to cut insignificant things like PBS while practically begging to give medicare another $700 billion. Fiscal conservatism- complain about the small things while promising to do nothing about the big picture. Wait thats not how it works, oh well

I also liked Mitt running on his ability to work across the aisle while governor- well yeah I'm sure it was easy because you were a democrat back then.

it's a well-documented maxim in economics called the law of dimishing returns with respect to the tax code. that doesn't even breach the ethics of spending money confiscated at the barrel of a gun. i would rather people embrace massive cuts in governmental expenditures as history has proven that our problem has to do with spending, not revenue. let the states live or die by their own fiscal policies. if people that actually contribute don't approve of how their local taxes are being spent, they can vote with their feet. as of right now, only the wealthiest can vote with their feet if they wish to leave the US.

personally, i think ron paul would have wiped the mat with these guys last night

It was clear that Mitt was more polished as he has been debating much of the summer....a polished turd with little substance but polished nonetheless.

it's a well-documented maxim in economics called the law of dimishing returns with respect to the tax code. that doesn't even breach the ethics of spending money confiscated at the barrel of a gun. i would rather people embrace massive cuts in governmental expenditures as history has proven that our problem has to do with spending, not revenue. let the states live or die by their own fiscal policies. if people that actually contribute don't approve of how their local taxes are being spent, they can vote with their feet. as of right now, only the wealthiest can vote with their feet if they wish to leave the US.

personally, i think ron paul would have wiped the mat with these guys last night

Thats funny, its a well documented maxim in politics that Mitt Romney will change his policies at the drop of a hat if he thinks it will help him get elected

Also Mitt was pretty clear last night that there will be no "massive cuts to government" if he gets in charge

Oh, and Ron Paul would have been destroyed because these debates are about telling people what they want to hear, not what they need to hear