Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon Beason segment on WFNZ yesterday

28 posts in this topic

Posted

Anybody else hear his weekly segment on The Drive yesterday? His tone sounded totally different from the JB im used to hearing. He's been doing this segment for a few years and this is the first time I have heard him sound almost melancholy. He said the right things but it was almost like he didn't believe what he was saying. Curious if anybody else got that feel.

Posted

I suspect he is frustrated in his own play more than anything.

Lingering injuries while returning from a Achilles tear has to be frustrating.

Posted

I've talked to him. Its frustrating when your body isn't doing what you want it to do, especially for an athlete.

1 person likes this

Posted

That much I expect, it's gotta be tough not playing to your abilities. But he sure didn't exude much confidence in his D. He sounded more like the fan base. It was just a new side of Beason that I hadn't heard before. It was more tone of voice than what he said. Just hope that "here we go again" mentality that Rivera mentioned has not infected the locker room. If so put a fork in 2012.

Posted

got a link?

Posted

got a link?

See if this works. I'm on my phone so not sure if it will

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2012/10/04/panthers-lb-jon-beason-joined-the-drive-for-his-weekly-talk/

1 person likes this

Posted

it works. thanks. if i wasn't so lazy i could have found it myself.

Posted

I'm sure Beason watches the tape....he knows what he is putting out there is subpar. He probably also knows it isn't something he can fix overnight.....needs time and not just a game or so

Posted

i think he sounded very grounded and had a healthy positive perspective on where they are, where they could go, and what they need to do to get there.

i like his thoughts on rivera, btw.

he's not on fire, but he sounded honest. he didn't sound like the team has given up by any means.

Posted

i think he sounded very grounded and had a healthy positive perspective on where they are, where they could go, and what they need to do to get there.

he's not on fire, but he sounded honest. he didn't sound like the team has given up by any means.

Interesting. Maybe I should give it another listen. I listened while driving. He just sounded like a different Beas.

Posted

Can anyone summarize his Rivera thoughts? I can't listen

Posted

Can anyone summarize his Rivera thoughts? I can't listen

They asked him if they thought Rivera (after an admittidly small sample size) was an NFL head coach and for Jon's general thoughts about him. Beason paused then basically said he likes Rivera's military style and that he expects a player to perform or be replaced. After that I had to get out of the car so I didn't hear the rest of it.