#1 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,121 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:41 AM

Anybody else hear his weekly segment on The Drive yesterday? His tone sounded totally different from the JB im used to hearing. He's been doing this segment for a few years and this is the first time I have heard him sound almost melancholy. He said the right things but it was almost like he didn't believe what he was saying. Curious if anybody else got that feel.

#2 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,319 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

I suspect he is frustrated in his own play more than anything.
Lingering injuries while returning from a Achilles tear has to be frustrating.

#3 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

I've talked to him. Its frustrating when your body isn't doing what you want it to do, especially for an athlete.

#4 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:47 AM

That much I expect, it's gotta be tough not playing to your abilities. But he sure didn't exude much confidence in his D. He sounded more like the fan base. It was just a new side of Beason that I hadn't heard before. It was more tone of voice than what he said. Just hope that "here we go again" mentality that Rivera mentioned has not infected the locker room. If so put a fork in 2012.

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

got a link?

#6 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

got a link?

See if this works. I'm on my phone so not sure if it will
http://charlotte.cbs...is-weekly-talk/

#7 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

it works. thanks. if i wasn't so lazy i could have found it myself.

#8 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,899 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

I'm sure Beason watches the tape....he knows what he is putting out there is subpar. He probably also knows it isn't something he can fix overnight.....needs time and not just a game or so

#9 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,936 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

i think he sounded very grounded and had a healthy positive perspective on where they are, where they could go, and what they need to do to get there.

i like his thoughts on rivera, btw.

he's not on fire, but he sounded honest. he didn't sound like the team has given up by any means.

#10 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

i think he sounded very grounded and had a healthy positive perspective on where they are, where they could go, and what they need to do to get there.

he's not on fire, but he sounded honest. he didn't sound like the team has given up by any means.

Interesting. Maybe I should give it another listen. I listened while driving. He just sounded like a different Beas.

#11 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,899 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

Can anyone summarize his Rivera thoughts? I can't listen

#12 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,121 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

Can anyone summarize his Rivera thoughts? I can't listen

They asked him if they thought Rivera (after an admittidly small sample size) was an NFL head coach and for Jon's general thoughts about him. Beason paused then basically said he likes Rivera's military style and that he expects a player to perform or be replaced. After that I had to get out of the car so I didn't hear the rest of it.

#13 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

I'm sure Cam has a spare towel Beason can wear over his head....

Jokes aside, the entire attitude of the team is down. The players aren't stupid, they know this team has been poor for a long time. Nobody wants to be on a team that never has a winning record. It's not their fault. The ownership and management hasn't done the work to bring in enough talent to give the team a good chance to succeed.

#14 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,167 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

so if Beason is disappointed in performance does that mean the media gets to flame him like Cam

#15 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

From what I am reading, Demeco Ryans is back to his old self flying all of ther field & making plays and he is a big part of the reason why the Eagles D is improved. That should give Beason some hope for the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.