#48 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:04 AM

Fumbles happen. Ask Williams....Stewart, Smitty, anyone. Effort plays result in those sometimes....

Bottom line is if Carolina needs a yard the ball should stay on the ground. yeah, Cam messed it up on the pass....but the right call last week and this week was to go for it on 4th down....ON THE GROUND. That is where the documented success is for the scenario......so pointing that out is just Chud always doing the unneeded.

This is the truth. Our problem is our coaching staff doesn't trust Cam in does situations. He fumble last week picking up the first down and now this week he couldn't hit the TE for a TD. Our team has some huge flaws and it is headed towards a disaster.We are in a too much of a deep hole to climb ourselves out. 1-4 to start this season is terrible if you look at our schedule.

#49 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Chud is trying WAY to hard to call a game. You have a 6'6 QB and 2 Bowling balls at the RB position run the damn thing in. I honestly wish right now that he was chosen as a head coach somewhere else this off season.

Way too hard dude. Rivera said that he wants to run the ball and play good defense. He allows his OC to make his damn QB the main runner. This is insane. Then everybody is shitting on Cam because he has problems throwing the ball in the fourth quarter on seven step play-action fakes after running the ball eight times the whole game. Am I the only one that sees this. Now they talking about he is Vince Young. I feel like I am taking crazy pills here.

#50 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

I just wish people stop saying Cam can't complete passes from under center. This couldn't be further from the truth. Go look at our final drive and you'll notice that every pass in that drive, with the exception of 1, was completed from under center.

#51 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Nice try op but most of these fans can only think in the vacuum of a few plays or moments.

We think Cam should be Tom Brady right now. They also set their expectations for this to high and now are looking for scapegoats for their own unreasonable expectations

#52 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

This team couldn't play to a player's strenght even if their name was R. Unning Back.

#53 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Still trying to defend this guy? Psh

Sunday when Cam was out 2 out of 14 to start the game, he was actually hit on nine plays. This is what the announcer said. Smitty dropped two passes and another was a perfect throw and he was intefered with on the play. He was trying to make throws while being hit by defenders. It is dumb as hell to call seven step drops and make your lineman who are not that good to block 240lbs edge rushers. Alex Smith was ass until Harbough showed up and Drew Brees was absolute garbage until they drafted Phillip Rivers. So yeah fudge face, we are still successfully defending this guy.

#54 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,810 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Sunday when Cam was out 2 out of 14 to start the game, he was actually hit on nine plays. This is what the announcer said. Smitty dropped two passes and another was a perfect throw and he was intefered with on the play. He was trying to make throws while being hit by defenders. It is dumb as hell to call seven step drops and make your lineman who are not that good to block 240lbs edge rushers. Alex Smith was ass until Harbough showed up and Drew Brees was absolute garbage until they drafted Phillip Rivers. So yeah fudge face, we are still successfully defending this guy.

Brees and Rivers are smart. They're not coming out with a new clothing line while their team is 1-4, nor do they have attitude problems, nor do they throw the ball at the ground with a wide open tight end in the endzone with the game on the line.

#55 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

I won't say Cam is the problem, but people now know that Auburn simplified the playbook for Cam. Chud did the best he could to simplify the playbook for Cam in his rookie season but now teams have adjusted and Cam isn't capable, at this point in his career, to adjust himself to the game.

As much as the comparisons to Vince Young who got a 6 out of 50 on the Wonderlic frustrated me, I can't help but wonder what we have with Cam who got a 20 himself, 4 less than RG3 and 13 less than Luck.

Of course, if we were winning, nobody - including myself - would be discussing this. BUT we aren't winning and Cam has shown less knowledge of the game this year than last. It's scary.

#56 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Brees and Rivers are smart. They're not coming out with a new clothing line while their team is 1-4, nor do they have attitude problems, nor do they throw the ball at the ground with a wide open tight end in the endzone with the game on the line.

the post you responded to with this lame rhetoric was fact-laden and had falsifiable/testable statements.

maybe you should give it a try some time.

#57 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

Go root for Brees and Rivers teams, I assure you they'll never QB in Carolina.This is Cam's team.

#58 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

Go root for Brees and Rivers teams, I assure you they'll never QB in Carolina.This is Cam's team.

omitted from original post: drew brees involved in a nasty holdout for more guaranteed money that kept him off the field away from his teammates.

also lmao at rivers not having "attitude problems".

#59 stevej89

stevej89

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

I would definitely agree that it is not all Cam's fault this season. I can't stand all these columnists starting to compare him to Vince Young already. I like this response I just read directed at SI.com's comparison of Cam and Vince.

http://nflburn.com/i...xt-vince-young/

#60 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Brees and Ryan are NFL vets. Brees took years and Ryan is finally becoming an elite QB after 4 years as well. Cam's career is still very young. But we need the right coaches in place to help him along the way. I'm not sure Rivera is the leader Cam needs.

Brees and Ryan might have struggle at times when they first started out. But they never struggle no where near this bad. Problem with Cam is that going back to the bench and putting on that dam towel over his crap is getting old. Cam ain't MJ and never will be. Someone needs to tell Cam that the HoneyMoon is over and it is time to get serious. Cam needs to get rid of the dam towel get his ass off that bench and go to a coach on the sideline after every bad drive and grab the photos and look over them and make changes. Then he needs to get with his offense and talk with and make some changes. Cam is never going to become a true leader of this team unless he stops putting the towel on his head and just waiting for the next drive to happen. It is time for Cam to take a leadship role on this offense or move on down the line. Been young excuses is getting old and it time for him to show some balls now. Did Peyton or Eli ever sit on the sidelines with a towel on their head after every bad drive. No you didn't. You always see Peyton and Eli looking at Photos with the coach on the sideline trying to get things right for the next drive. The is both of them are winning SB rings and all. If Cam wants to win, then he better get his act together and start been a leader on the offense instead of been a douche bag with a towel over his head all game long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.