• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 amcoolio

amcoolio

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

I defended the coaches last year but there is no defending them this year. Chud went all in on his read option offense and it has failed. To save Cam's psyche you have to make a switch. And it'd be a very attractive opening and maybe enough to convice a Cowher or other stud head coach.

#17 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

why is it the coaches...we've had mostly the same players for the last 4 years....pretty much the same results... with the exception of Cam of course....

Cam sucked donkey balls today...and today is not the only game where he completely stunk. I think it's time to call out Cam when he has bad game....the blind loyalty to Cam does not help the team or any meaningful discussion here

#18 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

It finally occurred to me. It's coaching. We're not really short on talent, championships have been won by teams with a bad running game, a thin secondary, average QB etc...

Inability to do the fundamentals like tackling - that's on coaching

I don't care how bad our DBs are, but so many plays, they are not where they are supposed to be - that's on coaching

1st and goal you run Mr scat-back Deangelo williams into a brick wall...4th and inches, instead of using Cam's big body, running J- stew or Tolbert, you roll out Cam...and what happened next, well...Cam't accuracy is another thread on its own, but that's still on coaching...

Chud...You almost became a head-coach last summer....You're lucky if you coach Tight ends again...You're a fraud

McDumbass actually was calling a good game until we entered the obligatory meltdown give-the-game-away mode

Rivera .... sighs....Find a dictionary and look up the word adjustment

Maybe it's the LA smog we breathe in but I completely agree ... coaches fault period.

The fish rots from the head down people!!

#19 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

Cam sucked donkey balls today...and today is not the only game where he completely stunk. I think it's time to call out Cam when he has bad game....the blind loyalty to Cam does not help the team or any meaningful discussion here

Yea, Cam had a bad game... he hasent had many in his 20 starts you fkin chooch...

#20 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:57 PM

Yea, Cam had a bad game... he hasent had many in his 20 starts you fkin chooch...

i dont even know what chooch means...if you have facts, talk to me...you're a sensive little ***** that gets butthurt over an opinion that has nothing to with you, can't help you there

#21 PantherTrain84

PantherTrain84

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:05 AM

Jon Gruden!! The dude is still young and hes juat gotta have that itch to want to coach again. He can be our Jeff Fisher and turn this thing around quick. We need GRUDEN!! The dude is even younger than Rivera! With our talent we would be a 11-5 team right away under Gruden. For the love of God man, get that itch to coach again and be our Moses and lead us!!!

#22 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:08 AM

Coaching is not the reason Cam fumbled last week...coaching is not the reason Smitty fumbled last week...coaching is not the reason Cam was overthrowing everything tonight...coaching is not the reason DWill fumbled tonight...coaching is not the reason the WR's and RB's kept dropping passes...coaching us not the reason that Can threw the ball into the turf when he had a wide open TE 5 yds in front of him.

This team has talent, but they are not executing.

Coaching has been lacking on this team, but that us only a small part of the problem.

LOL don't tell that to Tom Coughlin. He took Tiki Barber who was a fumble machine and turned it into one of his strong points. Good coaching solves the fundamental problems that plague bad teams like fumbles and bad tackling.

#23 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

OP: Cam's accuracy is fine. Did you see it coming into Sunday? Near 70%

The playcalling is worst in the NFL.

Bah fugit

#24 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:18 AM

We are inconsistent.

The team that played the Giants should've been crushed by the Falcons. A different team showed up.

The team that lost on a last second FG to the Falcons should've beaten the Seahawks by 3 scores. Again, a different team.

Sorry, that's a sign of poor coaching.

#25 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:20 AM

Of course it's the coaches.

I didn't know this was up for debate.

#26 Ashor

Ashor

Taylor Swift

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

It's not just coaching though, it's a collective suckery involving the entire team. Steve Smith is crying for the ball on every play. Our offensive formation on every play is from shotgun like we have Peyton Manning. Our two 1st round running backs haven't been producing poo. I blame the offensive scheme for that and not handing the fuging ball off the way Fox wanted to.

#27 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

It's not just coaching though, it's a collective suckery involving the entire team. Steve Smith is crying for the ball on every play. Our offensive formation on every play is from shotgun like we have Peyton Manning. Our two 1st round running backs haven't been producing poo. I blame the offensive scheme for that and not handing the fuging ball off the way Fox wanted to.

All of the things you listed there can be corrected with proper coaching. Smitty would behave. Offensive playcalling would be less shitty. Our billion dollar backfield would be used properly and often enough.

On defense fine - we do have a lack of talent but even they are not playing to potential.

Every team has problems. Most of ours would be hidden if we had better coaches / office staff.

#28 LA_Panther

LA_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

OP: Cam's accuracy is fine. Did you see it coming into Sunday? Near 70%

The playcalling is worst in the NFL.

Bah fugit

i agree...he was way off today, that throw to the ground on 4th down...cmon man

the atl game, he played a perfect game minus the fumble....It was this game and the tampa game where he struggled....going back to last season, he sometimes makes throws that make me go, wtf...but I think it is on coaching to work with him on accuracy, footwork, decision making etc....

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,288 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:43 AM

Your accuracy tends to drop when you're getting slammed to the ground and catching helmets on your chin after every throw. His ability and usually execution is still elite, in every aspect, even with the occasional flub in footwork... Stats up through this week show he actually is improving (there was a thread on it)... The problem is the playcalling.

The funny thing is, when we were all running around proclaiming Chud to be genius last year, none of us took time to ask why he was back as a TE coach where we could hire him and not an OC or HC. Why? Because he did the same thing in Cleveland. One good season, opponents have a year's worth of film on him, make adjustments accordingly, and Chud just keeps being Chud.

When we're sitting and watching a game, and you, as a fan, are able to call out what we're going to do on any given play 3-5 times in one drive, something is wrong. And opposing defenses definitely know what's coming. He's doing that to Cam, getting him beat up, and not giving him a fighting chance when he does step back to throw. It's really unfair.

#30 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,370 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:44 AM

i agree...he was way off today, that throw to the ground on 4th down...cmon man

the atl game, he played a perfect game minus the fumble....It was this game and the tampa game where he struggled....going back to last season, he sometimes makes throws that make me go, wtf...but I think it is on coaching to work with him on accuracy, footwork, decision making etc....

He literally got hit on every pass attempt vs Seattle. Tough to stand in the pocket with perfect technique when you're getting destroyed all game long

Joe Adams fumbles
Worst tackling team in the NFL
Inconsistency
Play calling
Scheme

It all goes back to having a dogshit coaching staff. It's the same stuff over and over. It never gets fixed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com