Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got jury duty tomorrow...

16 posts in this topic

Posted

fugkkkkkkkkk

what should I expect?

Posted

I got it as soon as I turned 18. We were there for about 10 minutes then they came out and said the guy pleaded guilty or something and everyone could go home. So that was fun. It's easy though. Nothing to it.

Posted

could be easy and could be a couple hours

usually boring as hell and only feels cool to get off work.

when you get there youll realize its basicaly a wasted day off. Dress nice, could be some hot chicks...

Posted

Bring entertainment with you... iPad or whatever. I had my bros PSP with me. (a while ago)

Posted

sometimes they actually have video games set up for you

Posted

video games? music? how does that happen while you're on the jury? BTW, idk if this is the interview for the jury or the actual trial. All I got was an automated machine telling me where to meet at 10 am tomorrow when I called. I think its the actual trial.

Posted

could be easy and could be a couple hours

usually boring as hell and only feels cool to get off work.

when you get there youll realize its basicaly a wasted day off. Dress nice, could be some hot chicks...

I hope it's just for today if its the actual trial. Can't afford to have my normal pay taken away.

Posted

Did you try to get out of it? You could've lied and said you are without transportation or have said that you have religious beliefs that are incompatible with jury duty.

Join the 47%. Don't be a sucker.

Posted

You shouldn't be on an actual trial yet. Basically what they do is bring alot of potential jurors in to a big room, and whenever a case does need jurors, they will call out random names who will then be selected to jury. Usually most cases get solved before this ever happens though. You could be waiting the entire day in the big room, or be the first case to get settled...either way, in there, make sure you have something to do. In the juror's room I was in, they had movies playing as well as computers set up...hope this clears it up a bit

1 person likes this

Posted

Take a book...may be a long day.

Do not lie or try to get out of it. Be honest.

Jury duty is an important part of the justice system and an obligation of citizenship.

I had a very tough experience as a juror on a murder trial...but that was only because I was honoring my duty as a juror. It also scared me...if good people excuse their way out of jury duty....what happens to justice?

If you are selected...do what is right.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have been on 2 jury duties in completely different capacities. One was for manslaughter, and the other for illegal turn.

The defendant went out of his way to ask for a trial by jury to prove a point in the second one. One of the best days of my life.

The manslaughter trial, not so much.

Posted

had duty in Sept. had a blast cracking up total strangers. of course i get elected the foreman. took 2 days.

1 person likes this